Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

L-39, Anyone Still Fly It?

Beautiful repaint Ron.  Very stunning scheme.  I was not aware of the RUS demo team.

I have been curious about buying this addon for a long time.

What is the field of vision like in the L-39?  On my 22" screen (and with my 60ish year old eyes)  I don't have EZdoc or Track IR so there is a "sweet spot" in cockpit perspective for me where I have a little peripheral vision and I can still read the info on the Sacred Six.  The RA Scout trio, the AS Twin Otter X and OV10, and the MilViz B55 pretty have this nailed.

As wonderful as Dino's T45 is, I have to be pretty much zoomed into the HUD to read airspeed and rate of climb and lose any peripheral vision.  The redundent steam gauges are located pretty low in the cockpit so if I am zoomed out wide enough to see them, I can't read them.

Obie

You know Obie, you really should treat yourself to TrackIR. Once you've tuned it in you'll wonder how the hell you ever flew without it!

Glad you ALL like the paint. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Have not flown it in a while, but was curious if it worked well with the DX10 fixes?

Bob

Have not flown it in a while, but was curious if it worked well with the DX10 fixes?

Bob

Seems to work just fine in DX10 on my setup.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Seems to work just fine in DX10 on my setup.

Thanks!

Yep, L-39 is the best jet trainer ever developed for FSX, without thinking. I think it was first add on I bought for FSX, and on my surprise I was blown away by the immersion and complexity and realism. That plane introduced me to a wonderful world of quality aircraft addons for FSX, no doubt.

I think it is the only trainer I don't own for FSX. How does it compare to the Milviz T-38 Talon? I have the T-38 and it is really nice. I also own the Razbam T-2 Buckeye which was the Navy's carrier capable jet trainer until it was replaced by the T-45 Goshawk and it is one of my favorite Razbam aircraft.

Samuel Scully

I think it is the only trainer I don't own for FSX. How does it compare to the Milviz T-38 Talon? I have the T-38 and it is really nice. I also own the Razbam T-2 Buckeye which was the Navy's carrier capable jet trainer until it was replaced by the T-45 Goshawk and it is one of my favorite Razbam aircraft.

Doesn't own Talon or Buckeye, so I can't comment. I just know that L-39 is one of most complete and immersive trainer jets for FSX.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I like the Buckeye well enough but the attention to visual detail, systems and FDE aren't up to the other two IMHO.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I did not know this product existed till just now stumbling across this forum. Obviously you guys think highly of it. Is this creation as realistic as it seems to be? The more realistic the better. Did some quick research on the 'net....interesting. I may get this.  Dave

here are a few shots of my efforts

Beautiful work on that repaint Ron.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder on this wonderful trainer.  Decided to fly it this morning after your prompting.  Love the plane, and it has provided many hours of superb flight.

Stan

Good to hear that socalled 'older' addons still get some attention they really deserve!

RobdeVries.jpg

Hi, just like the RealAir SF260 in FS9 I cannot praise this aircraft highly enough!

I purchased it (a few years back) because a respected reviewer claimed it had a flight model equal to or better that the 260. I doubted it but thought it was worth a try and eventually had to agree. It's all about energy management and the L39 has much more energy to manage. Great fun!

Add to that very good special effects with raindrops and cockpit icing and it is very rewarding to fly in IMC and although very responsive it is quite stable.

I have thought about getting other similar aircraft on occasions but then realised that the reason I was thinking this way was because of the fun that the L39 was already giving me so what would be the point.

Lotussim L39 the original and the best. Long live the king.

Cheers

Michael

Great paint Ron. I used to fly that L39 a lot, until I discovered something that completely killed the immersion for me: the radios. Not only are they fictional, but also quite unrealistic in how to operate them, because it doesn't have knobs to tune the frequencies. Instead you just click the numbers. Haven't touched it since. Ah well, we all have our quirks :wacko:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

You're right Bert. My quirk is that in 7 years of flight simming I have never used the radios! God knows how I've survived this long! I do have buttons a switches for almost every other thing though,

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi, actually it is very common for these soviet era aircraft to be retrofitted with western type avionics.

And using a mouse to click on knobs is hardly more realistic than clicking on the numbers directly. A practice I have seen other developers implement.

Regards

Michael