Sign in to follow this  
skitka

Unable To Use Ezca And Fsuipc In A New Admin User Account

Hello,

I have a need to run FSX with EZCA & FSUIPC in a new admin user account. On launching FSX, EZCA will also attempt to launch with an error. This works fine in the other user account. In short, the problem is add ons for FSUIPC and EZCA either do not launch or an Add-On menu is not available.

SO TWO ISSUES:

1) When launching FSX, EZCA attempts to launch but fails with the error:

Ezdok camera addon

Unable to write to

C:\Users\sim\AppData\Roaming\EZCA\db\general.INI.

2) The Add-On menu doesn’t appear in this new user account. (So, I cannot access FSUIPC)

QUESTIONS THAT MAY BE ASKED:

Are both users administrative users? Yes

Have you tried right clicking and running as administrator? Yes (in both users)

Is the folder, “EZCA” located at, “C:\Users\sim\AppData\Roaming\”? No

Version numbers: FSUIPC 4.929 and EZCA 1.16

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe 10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023)

MY CONFIGURATION:

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), Intel i7 3.40 GHz, 32 GB, GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB VRAM, 3TB HDD Fusion

OPERATING SYSTEM: (running via Boot Camp)

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) SP1

Any assistance would be appreciated!

- Shaun

I am not sure, but I'd suggest to take a look at you UAC panel settings. The warning "unable to write to" sounds a lot like a restriction of the User Account Control to protect you (or programs) from altering important files.

Hello!

Thanks for your response! I tried turning off the UAC controls and this did not resolve the issue. I found copying the files from the folder to another worked!

- Shaun

There has to be a better way. People pay good money for this stuff and this addon sure seems buggy for everyone. Ive been trying to get this to work for 3 days. Ive read the manual, Watched the tutorials, UAC is off, Anti virus is uninstalled, Ive stood on my head, Ive deleted the fsx controls, Ive tried it with FSUIP and without FSUiP. Give me a break............... And do you thjink You are able to contact the guy who wrote it? Hell no.   Whatever. Keep it!!