Hello i have the saitek pro flight yoke. after using it for a short while it turns off randomly when i press a button or move the throttle ( sometimes randomly ) and i cannot get it to turn back on ( yes i tried different usb ports ) then all of a sudden it will turn back on 30 minutes later. I am using windows 7 and have used the drivers that came with the product (CD). Is there any way i can fix this issue?. oh and the display shuts off too. Eventualy it turns back on but then later it shuts off again. Adn yes i did turn the power saving mode off. I NEED HELP!!!

Start by going to the Saitek website and downloading the latest drivers and see what happens after you have installed them. If still not working right, lots of people say th e saitek drivers are crap and to run all the  hardware through FSUIPC but I have to say I  have not had much issues with them and definately no issues with t he pro flight yoke.. however also have to say the symptoms you give  sound more like a power related issue. Are you running the yoke direct into a PC usb port or via a hub first with other hardware attached. If the latter, it should be a powered hub and a good quality one at that.

I've think I got the problem fixed. I unplugged the rudder pedals from the yoke and directly to the PC and then downloaded the drivers for every unit and it now works. Thanks

Problem Came back when I restarted my computer. When it boots up the yoke is off and I can't get it to turn on. There is also a popup saying that the yoke has malfunctioned and to try reconnecting it. When I do this it still doesn't work the only thing that happens is the small LED on the throttle flashes for a second and then goes away. I am thinking about opening it up and checking for a problem inside. I NEED HELP ASAP. Is there a way to reinstall the yoke? HELP APREICATED!

The fact that it worked initially before you turned off the PC tells me you should not start pulling the unit apart. In fact you wont be able to see whether theres anything wrong when it is apart except for some physical damage or maybe loose wire and it sounds like this is not the case.. I have had the message "malfunctioning usb device" and pulling the usb cable out and back in eventually forced the PC to recognise it. As you say it worked initially, I'd be inclined to re-install the yoke drivers and see if that eventually gets it going. You also said in initial post that the display goes out. Are you referring to your monitor display or the green clock display on the yoke.

2 months later the same problem is coming back. When I plug it in the display turns on for a split second and ththey've whole u it shuts off