Sign in to follow this  
Sartanius

My take on the wait for a new FS

Guest aafuss

I'm a bit concered over why Microsoft hasn't announced or commented whether a new edition of Flight Simulator will be released (usually every 2 years), whilst other flight sims are getting updated/upgraded often (eg. IL-2)? Even we haven't seen any official information from Microsoft regarding a new release-MS's Games site hasn't mentioned a FS2006-I seem to think that the next edition could be announced early next year (after all, I don't believe that a new FS will be shown at E3 ounless of course MS has confirmed it).

Guest shanwick

Why worry :-( All the more time left to fully explore and enjoy FS2004. Just look at how third party developers are continuing to push the frontiers forward.David

Guest GCBarni

An announcement will be made on April 1st......guaranteed....you can take this to the bank!

>An announcement will be made on April>1st......guaranteed....you can take this to the bank!The same bank that Enron uses .. perhaps :-)Vernon

I'm in no hurry for a new FS. I'm certain there will be one, but maybe not in the time frame most people would expect. FS9 is good enough for now but old sims can't last forever even with lots of addons. Fly! and Flight Unlimited were both kept alive for the longest time by talented freeware developrs but eventually all but the most hardcore fans left for other sims. IF MS were to cancel FS, I think most of us would move on to X-Plane or Flightgear after a few years.I've also heard April 1st will be the day. Also, AMD will announce a new CPU that day that will finally allow us all to run FS9 at 1600x1200 with all details at max at 100 FPS ;) FS10 will only run at 15 FPS though :(

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

"I've also heard April 1st will be the day. Also, AMD willannounce a new CPU that day that will finally allow us all torun FS9 at 1600x1200 with all details at max at 100 FPS ;)FS10 will only run at 15 FPS though :("LMAO!! Good one!I agree with the first response, enjoy what you have. Unlike when I had FS2002 (couldn't wait to dump that one), I am in no hurry for a new version.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

I think fs10 can wait a while, only now have we gotten such things as "AI seperation", Im just now getting fs to run the way I want lol.Andrew

Hi Chas"Thats MS.. They didnt announce FS9 untill about 2 months before release. Its gonna come.."Normaly 6/7 month in advance from the release, search the archive for fs2002 and 2004 you will see.Monday, February 10 2003Microsoft announces FS2004: A Century of FlightRelease date Near end of august 2003, (If I remember)Quick fact.See this preview shots in march 2003_http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/downloads/wallpaper/fs_wallpaper_march_2003.jpg_ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Come on you lot.......................We're talking '64 bit', PCI Express motherboards and dual processors not yet available!Now what happens after Sony release their new chip for 'P.C's'?Anyone know where we can rob a bank? hehe.Enjoy FS2004, it's the best ever!All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Why worry?:* Hardware is just catching up to FS9* Developers are just learning how to fully exploit FS9 features* MS is busy on a hiring spree around the FS franchise, this is documentedA new FS will come. You can wait, and so can we.My 2 cents,bt

Guest bdg

Just think.Just like old times. The message boards will be floaded with threads.The brilliant ones will be exploiting all the hidden settings andannounce their findings. The FPS geeks will be squeezing another .33 increase in FPS. The 3rd party developers will be ramping up to convert their models. Yes, we will have the feeling again! The complainers will be going back to FS9! Some may even stay with FS2002.The arguments over extended_terrain values. A new halo.bmp will be out shortly after release. Man I cant wait. It's such a rush!I heard you will actually be able to see the steam rising from the pilots coffee cup!! Can you feel it??? I know one thing for sure, we wont get everything we want, but I promise you this, It will be a vast improvement over FS9. I have a great deal of respect for the MS team. Those of you who still marvel at FS9 are the chosen ones! Best RegardsBob Ginn

Guest Pabra

For the future of fs; everyone should buy fs10 whether you use it or not! (you will eventually) Make that 3 copies...

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, if it gets here, it gets here, if not, I'll just keep flying 2004/FS9. I figure another year and CPU and Graphic card tech will be right up there with FS, go figure.when 10 does arrive, I'll do the same I always do, buy it, try it, play with it and 3 months down the line have enough dl's and addons for it to make it worth my while to stop flying FS9 and kiss it goodbye, just like I did 2002. We really shouldn't sweat the small stuff, as when MS decides to release or announce they will do it, and not before . . . no amount of guessing, wishing or mumbling will speed it to us sooner.Best to all,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Hey guys, I'm going to start another "where's FS2006" thread, just to let you know. See you thereJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD