Sign in to follow this  
robcarly

Flap/slat Issue - Please Help.

Hi PMDG Team,

After buying a new Graphic card i decided to do a fresh install of FSX, All has been completed with the SP1 and 2.

I installed the PMDG 747-400x and when i booted the sim to check all was ok (as i do for any addon) i noticed there seems to be an issues with my beloved Queen.

As you can see in the below pictures the outboard slats dont extend only their hinges..? Also the outboard flaps and airlorons do not move also.

Slats.png

So i uninstalled and tried again but with no joy.

I have never had this issues before prior to changing my card and all my other addons worked and are working correctly, seems only the PMDG747x has this issues

I hope the PMDG team can help me on this one..?

Thank you.

Hydrolic pumps on ?  //    FS_Graphics : Global Texture Resolution  = very high !  // Scenery :  Special Effects Detail = high ! check please these settings .

Hi, Thanks for coming back to me on this,

I have checked and everything other than Special Effect Detail was set, i changed that to High but still no joy.

Any other ideas..?

Hi,

one another idea maybe is : set  HIGHMEMFIX = 1 below Graphics in FSX-CFG ,when no success : a clean re-install of 747-400X again, good luck !

yeah HIghMemFix was included so uninstalling and trying again for the third time....fingers crossed.

FIXED..... Just incase any one else has this issue, Advanced Animations needs to be checked. Not sure how it wasn't, maybe i missed it in the new FSX.cfg file when i set up my new card.

Thanks for the help though Saimalper

Hi,

one another idea maybe is : set  HIGHMEMFIX = 1 below Graphics in FSX-CFG ,when no success : a clean re-install of 747-400X again, good luck !

Yes , a fresh install helps in many situations

Such as?

Re-installation is almost never going to cure problems like this. So it's not good advice. A search of this forum would have found many posts reporting the flap animation issues and giving the correct solution which the OP found.

BTW, you really ought to be signing your posts if you don't want the mods to remove them.

ki9cAAb.jpg