Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Radar Contact Not Tuning To Atis

Ok i think i'll start a new topic on this one!

I tune ATIS to get the weather brief before clearance or 15 mins before EOBT

After that i cannot re-tune ATIS or listen to it again. I have checked the freq and it doesn't play on comm 1 or any comms on my 737 ngx

This also applies to my destination airport edinburgh, i tuned ATIS and NOTHING there was no ATIS coming through and i did check the freq.

Thanks

Vernon Howells

Hi, you might like to check on your audio control panel that the mic light for the correct com (left?) that you are using is lit up. Press on the button.

Hope it helps

Michael

You should listen to ATIS before requesting Clearance. Thereafter it should not be required. ATIS is only available on COM1.

At what point in your flight are you trying to get ATIS for the arrival airport? I suggest once you're within 80 miles.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi guys on my 737 ngx comm 2 is for ASN weather update for my origin 122.00 and dest 122.02

As for comm1 - active is the controllers freq and standby is ATIS

So when switch comm1 with fs2crew and request weather brief before clearance, i get the brief but after that i don't get the brief again in anytime during my journey?

Well i tried as far as 200nm down to 30nm but nothing?

PFE i could hear it at 200nm which was PERFECT and had plenty time for my arrival planning and brief :)

Can i also add unlike PFE soon as you switch audio the brief or comms should cut out instantly if something is getting transmitted, unlike RC it keeps on playing till it ends?

I'm not comparing, just want to know why this does it?

Vernon Howells

So when switch comm1 with fs2crew and request weather brief before clearance, i get the brief but after that i don't get the brief again in anytime during my journey?

I don't know how FS2Crew interacts with RC so I can't help if you use that. Ignore FS2Crew for now and just tune COM1 to the ATIS frequency at departure and it will loop for as long as that is the active frequency. Write things down if you can't trust yourself to remember them. That's what real world crews do.

Well i tried as far as 200nm down to 30nm but nothing?

Again, if you are using FS2Crew I can't help. Read the manual searching for ATIS. It suggests you request it 50 miles out. Use option 9 to request it or your co-pilot will do it automatically if he has the comms.

PFE i could hear it at 200nm which was PERFECT and had plenty time for my arrival planning and brief :)

Can i also add unlike PFE soon as you switch audio the brief or comms should cut out instantly if something is getting transmitted, unlike RC it keeps on playing till it ends?

RC4 works the way it does and cannot be changed. It would be nice if it stopped immediately but it wasn't possible to code it unfortunately.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Fs2crew has nothing to do with it, i just mentioned it as i give the command swap comm1 and that should play the ATIS but it doesn't, its not working?

Another thing is how do i get my co pilot to set my sqwuak code?

Ray i have an idea - if i wanted to find the active runway before my TOD can i not set it up through the menu so FSX atc ATIS will play it? Then i can switch it off again once done?

Vernon Howells

Fs2crew has nothing to do with it, i just mentioned it as i give the command swap comm1 and that should play the ATIS but it doesn't, its not working?

Be specific. Which ATIS?

Another thing is how do i get my co pilot to set my sqwuak code?

These things are in the manual. Have you bothered to read it? The co-pilot cannot set the initial squawk code. You have to do it yourself. Subsequent ones can be set if Otto has comms.

Ray i have an idea - if i wanted to find the active runway before my TOD can i not set it up through the menu so FSX atc ATIS will play it? Then i can switch it off again once done?

Try it. I don't know what wx program you use. ASN will give you the winds at arrival and from that you should be able to work out the arrival runway. If you don't have ASN tell me what wx program you do use.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The ATIS for my dest airport ray. I look it up set it into standby comm1 and switch it over to the active and i hear nothing?

With PFE i can hear the ATIS play !

I'm using ASN

Vernon Howells

What happens if you hand comms to Otto?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I know what i'm doing wrong i'm not pressing the key command ie 2 for weather report.

What i'm doing is tuning the freq and switching it over!

But sometimes after pressing 2 it doesn't come on straightaway have to keep pressing it

Vernon Howells

You seem to be making heavy work of something I take for granted.

I also fly PMDG 737NG with FS2Crew: I just set Otto to handle the radios and after the initial weather check, there is no need to

bother until he requests weather from the destination.

Why worry about which runway you will land on? RC will vector you in to the correct one.

If you want to set your landing from the outset, you can tell RC when you set it up.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Because ian i would like to setup my Runway plus STAR in my FMC during my approach prep prior to TOD

Then once thats out the way i can focus entirely on my handling of my plane safely to the gate, instead of flapping about setting the runway and star 50nm out.

If you inticipate on what runway by the wind direction but it changes, you have to then go back into your FMC and re-do everything.

Vernon Howells

Pause button?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

That just takes the realism out of it lol

I have a good setup here and following everything to the tee ;)

Vernon Howells

Well, if u using ASN and set up a flightplan within it, why dont just use it for the weather? 122.00 will give you departure weather and 122.02 the arrivals (at any distance I think). When you have the wind it will not be to hard to figured out the the most probable runway in use.

By the way, your co-pilot in FS2Crew will set the transpondercode for you if you ask him to do so. 

Regards

Johnny

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg