Sign in to follow this  
Mats_J

Ariane's "HI-DEF" planes...

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Is anyone else bugged by the fact that Ariane is now advertising their rather tardy entrance into the realm of photorealism (several years late, if I may add)? Really, I am just posting this to make sure that nobody is fooled; what we have here is nothing but a semi-photorealistic aircraft, the same old model they keep re-selling to people over and over. Just posting this as a caveat to anyone who might potentially fall for it... There's nothing revolutionary despite Ariane's bombastic claims.If you like the liveries, go for it. But don't buy just because they rename a technique that's been around for years and which they've already been outdone at before they even started doing it.By the way, let's try to keep any discussion civil, I don't mean for this to start a flame war. It's just a warning. Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Agreed, I'm impressed about how they come out and claim to be the first at doing things that have been done before. Questionable tactics, but evidently they work, otherwise people wouldn't go and buy them. :)Whatever works for them, it's just one of those cases of people knowing what they buy and who they're dealing with.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest ponyboy

Pass on the planes but hire their Marketing Dept.!

Guest jennifer

"Is anyone else bugged by the fact that Ariane is now advertising their rather tardy entrance into the realm of photorealism (several years late, if I may add)"No!

Guest Lobaeux4

I agree, but I'd have to say, their aircraft models are about the BEST in the flight simming world, plus they do often come up with many innovative features.BUT, for me, a model does not a plane make. I think their panels (which is the most important factor in a good plane to me) are a little lackluster.One thing you can't argue though, they do create excitement, and if there's a lag in enthusiasm for flight simming, I can always count on Ariane to get me pumped up again! A lot of other flight sim companies could learn this bit from them, that's for sure.

Guest Erick_Cantu

Last time I flew an Ariane 737 NewGen it didn't even impress me. The shapes were accurate and the detail good, but overall it was very primitive, rough in many areas, and they took a lot of shortcuts. The paper-thin cockpit window frames and lack of window panes did make me giggle a bit though.Certainly NOT the best.

Guest Dasher7

The hounds go sniffing.... conspiring....we will overthrow the French!

Not bugged by it. Hadn't expected them to use anything honest in their marketing nor to produce anything coming close to their claims :)

Not bugged, not surprised, not interested, never will be a customer.I think that's a quadruple negative!

Guest Toni Rauch

...I'd hardly call it 'marketing'. Gratititous use of 'tm' after every other phrase maybe, but certainly not 'marketing'.Each to their own!Toni

>>I think that's a quadruple negative!I hope not, as that would make it a positive :)

Interesting how they claim the use of TM in the word PhotoReality.I was able to find quite a few references that appear out there.Wait, they are not really claiming Hi-def as a trademark, are they serious?Hi-defHi-defHi-defCome

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest oyvindhansen

It wouldn't surprise me if PT tried to patent photorealism.-

Or even a double positive! :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather