Sign in to follow this  
dental12

aircraft not responding to first officers commands

Hi

when I say a command, the first officer responds but nothing happens in the aircraft with switches or knob etc. Aircraft is the q400. Things were working for a while but not now.

Thx lee

Hi

when I say a command, the first officer responds but nothing happens in the aircraft with switches or knob etc. Aircraft is the q400. Things were working for a while but not now.

Thx lee

Did you reinstall MCE by any chance?  If so, did you run the App Wizard?  It needs to be run to initialize the program. It will create the DLLs it needs to communicate with the Third Party aircraft. Just check in your Flight Sim root folder, you should have a sub folder called "MCE DLLS".

Also might be worth checking that your microphone/headset is still correctly set up in Windows. From time to time I find my settings get reset for some reason and the mike doesn't work.

You can run a mike test in MCE. If the mike doesn't register, then the setup in Windows or MCE is wrong. If it does register, then at least that's one cause eliminated. 

:rolleyes:

Lee said that the F.O. responds, so the problem should not be about the microphone.

Angelo

Ooops - so he does. Sorry guys, should have woken up before putting foot in mouth Just ignore me.

Hi

Thx lee

If Windows UAC is enabled, and you are allowed to keep it that way, you must...

Install MCE to default C:\Program Files...\ folder

Set "Prepar3D.exe" and/or "fsx.exe" to run as administrator.

Otherwise Windows will get in the way and prevent MCE comunicating with the simulator.

No such requirements when UAC is disabled.

For interaction with Q400, make sure you have a dll called "mcmjq400" in \MCE dlls\ folder

I had similar issue FO was repeating command but nothing changed.

In my case it was A320 a/c and I asked SET HEADING 320.

FO replied SETTING HEADING 320, I could even heard clicking heading bug, but nothing changed.

The reason was FCU mode was in the TRK/FPA, so my command was not correct. FO will be confused if A/C is in TRK mode, but I ask him to set HDG. Once I asked him to SET AUTOPILOT TRACK 320 he responded and set the track I wanted.

So, sometimes we should just make sure we give correct orders which are in line with current A/P mode.