Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

AI Traffic and Real Airlines

Guest JEH

Greetings: Please excuse if this has been covered before but perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. I'm finally tired of the fake default airlines and AI behavior in FS9. I'd like a simple, if possible, remedy to this and to that end have visited Project AI many times and combed these forum pages looking for an answer. Project AI leaves me baffeled. I've downloaded different "packages" only to be left in the dark as to how to make them work. I have TTools and AFCAD2 and understand the basics of those.Ok, I admit I'm a bit lazy and certainly no computer whiz which I suspect you've already fathomed. But maybe there's a way.Here's what I want to do: Change all the default airlines to real ones ie: United, American, SAS etc. and get some real flight plans would be nice too. And here's the big dream: a program (freeware/payware) that downloads these and has an installer so I can go flying sooner rather than later.Anything like that out there or am just a dreamer?Thanks,John

If you don't mind spending a few dollars, then Ultimate Traffic will get you up and running the fastest with the least amount of effort.http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/If your a cheap skate then spend some time and figure out how to use PAI :)Matt

Guest JEH

No cheap skate here Matt. Thanks for reminding me re: UT. I've placed my order and await it's arrival. Thanks.

Guest soundphan

You can try Ultimate Traffic if you have the bucks or you can take the time to learn the PAI system and have free real-world AI that is fairly accurate and looks much better (my opinion of course)PAI is a bit hard to grasp but once you get the hang of it you will be installing airlines in your sleep. All you need is the PAI installer and the airline package(s) that you want to install. If the process is confusing read the documentation http://www.projectai.com/installer/ For the record I own UT but I never would have bought it if PAI wasn't so confusing to me at the time. Slowly but surely I am replacing all my UT flights with PAI. PAI also has a lot of airlines that UT doesn't offer including some military routes (although these can't be based on real world flights for lots of reasons) Take the time to learn it and ask questions on their forums, they are a bunch of good folks dedicated to getting as much quality traffic in the sky as humanly possible. Soon you will have tons of free AI clogging up the taxi way in front on you.Good LuckJohn Clark(didn't mean to type THAT much!)

For others who might be having problems installing Project AI:1. Download and install the PAI Installer into a PAI Install folder.2. Download all the PAI Official Airline packages you want to use.3. Inside each zip is a .pai file - copy it to the same PAI Install folder where you have the PAI Installer from step 1.4. Start the installer, and select all of the airline packages (using the Shift or Ctrl keys).5. It will install them all at once.Now if you wish, install the model updates (usually not necessary) and the PAI AFCAD files. You may also install the unofficial files if you wish (and know how).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest JEH

Thanks Tom! As usual your comments are most helpful and directly to the point. I'm still having a blast with the Connie and all your other props.Best regards,John

I have UT2 with a recent winter update.UT2 does not assign parking places by airline so I replaced some afcad files with ones from the library or PAI.The only other change I made was to replace some of their cargo flights with those in the lib or from PAI. There just wasn't many FedEx, UPS, or Airborn stops in the US.UT2 makes a great starting point but then for me some tweaking was necessary.

Guest JEH

Hey Tom: Don't know if you have a "canned" response for this or not. I downloaded the PAI installer and a couple of packages fired it up and had a blast seeing all the AI in real liveries. I loaded up a flight from KLAX to KLAS and got about ten minutes into it when a nasty ole' CTD hit me. Tried it again with the same response. I don't have Audigy sound so the known issue in the PAI manual should not apply.Any suggestions? Thanks for your reply.John

1. Change the season and try again same departure time to discount some still present seasonal texture CDTS.2. If you loaded any new afcad files a CTD can occur with a faulty one.3. Try the same flight again original departure with AI turned down to see if an AI model on a flight plan is causing a problem.4. It also could not hurt to reverse the setting of RenderToTexture on the hardware display settings panel in case an AI texture might be causing a problem. Some panels can not handle RTT on also and if off it might be needed for an AI texture -- I think.