Sign in to follow this  
JP_Visser

Full Screen/Window mode

I'm having major problems switching from Window mode back to full screen, it seem to stall the sim. While in window mode I select full screen from the dropdown menu. The "hourglass" icon starts flashing and the sim freezes. Any ideas?Dave FisherCYYZP4 2.8 GB 478P 533 MHZ CPUP4P800S Asus Motherboard768 DDRGeforce Ti 4200/128Maxtor 40 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Herrie

Did you try to pause the sim first? That could help.Herrie

Guest firehawk44

This problem suggests a video driver problem. Recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your drivers.Jim

Guest av84fun

Yours is a fairly common problem. There are a few workarounds but try hitting alt/enter instead of using the menu.Regards,Jim

As av84fun said, this is a common problem for many users of FS9. Some suggest to always start FS9 in windowed mode (that is, remember to put it in windowed mode before exiting, so next time you will run it, it will start in windowed mode).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

>As av84fun said, this is a common problem for many users of>FS9. Some suggest to always start FS9 in windowed mode (that>is, remember to put it in windowed mode before exiting, so>next time you will run it, it will start in windowed mode).>that is what eliminated all ctd's etc for me...so i'm a believer :)also,if it happens,change the screen resolution in the options menu,from say 1024x768 to 800x600 or whatever,as long as it's different,that got the sim going again for me before i found out i had to start in windowed mode ;)tataJP.

I've also had this happen, I would minimize FS in full screen to work on another program. When I tried to restore FS it would popup for a second and then return to the tray. I would have to close FS, which is annoyng in the middle of a long haul.Dave

Guest Mike_Luchia

Alt/Options/Settings/Display and enable AA in FS. Once you are back in full screen mode you can disable AA in FS.