Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

This landing strip is not in the sim :-((

I put the scenery in my P3Dv2.2, but have not been able to perform the landing. I touchdown far down the runway and crash through the fence and into the traffic on the highway. I think the addon scenery, although good looking, is a little off. The cliff is to high and too close to the runway. Or is it just me?

Howard

I should clarify my statement in the above post about the scenery. There is no gulch or valley with the river in it on the approach. Just high ground with the river on top actually running up hill to where you do the last left turn. At that point the ground/river is at least 500 feet above the runway and ends in a straight down waterfall. All the ground around this area is very high. If I try a takeoff using RW 33, there is no gulch or valley to turn right into. You have to do a steep climb out straight ahead, or a 90 degree left turn as soon as airborne in order to get out. What do you guys see? I am using P3D V2.2.

Thanks.

Howard

Thanks for your repl. I did not have any mesh for South America. I only had the free Orbx Iceland demo and I removed that but nothing changes. I then installed it into my FSX but got the same results there. Since it uses an auto installer it is hard to see if the files are in the right place. It looks like it just creates a file called scenery and one called texture in my P3D or FSX Addon Scenery location. I also tried creating a file called Chagual and moved the two files into that one, but nothing I do corrects the problem. I went to the website, but I don't speak Spanish and there is no English there.

The stock mesh is very wrong around that place.

The freeware SRTM mesh by Raimondo Taburet works fine, suppose one of the payware meshes would do even better.

SPGL_1_zps569c6daf.jpg

SPGL_2_zps04eeec16.jpg

(My landing there was horrible; I'm definitely not as good a pilot as the gentleman in the video, lol!).

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

You're welcome!

The screenies are from P3D so it works. ;)

OK. I downloaded srtmxsam1.zip for South America from Simviation. I end up with two files called  

n16w98_s7w69.bgl

n17w69_s7w35.bgl

and no instructions.

I am not sure what to do with these files for my P3Dv2.2

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Howard

I tried putting the two files into my P3D Scenery/World/Scenery and that did not change anything. I removed them from there and put them into Scenery/Global/Scenery and that also did not fix the problem.

The freeware SA mesh comes in 4 parts, you will need more than part one ...

I'm pretty sure the bit you need for Chagual is in part 3 (srtxsam3.zip: s6w82_s34w62.bgl). I downloaded and used all 4 parts.

What I did with the files was make a folder "SA Mesh", with two subfolders "Scenery" and "Texture", in the P3D "Addon Scenery" folder.

Then copied all the mesh files (from the 4 ZIP files) to the "Scenery" subfolder of "SA Mesh".

Final step was adding the "SA Mesh" scenery to the P3D scenery library from within the sim.

(I like this method because it keeps things separate and easier to manage. Both the methods you tried should actually work too, if you use the correct mesh file for the area ...).

You have a trove of similar landing strips in Idaho : https://idahoaviation.com/idahoAirstripNetwork.php . Most of them are beautifully recreated in the OrbX CRM scenery.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

OK, Penz. Now I understand. I thought I had downloaded the whole country. I went back and saw that there are three more files I need. I will get it done today and set it up like you describe in the Addon Scenery section and then activate it. Thanks.

And for Montana and Idaho, I will also get to them too. So much to do. So little time.