Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

POSKY 767 v's Level-D ??

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on which 767 aircraft model is best?POSKY 767 or Level-D? If the former then is it possible to use the Level-D panel etc. with the POSKY767?Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest danowat

One's free, one you have to pay for, not sure its fair to compare them.I reckon it is possible to use the LDS panel with the Posky 767, but I am not sure why you would want to, you would lose the LDS VC for one.Dan.

Very true - I had forgot about the VC.I shall not bother downloading the POSKY models then.Thanks,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest mgerner

You can't compare the versions - the LD is much more detailed in all aspects. But because I'm a Project Magenta customer I'm flying the POSKY also - until the LD is patched to be compatible with PM. :)

Guest ponyboy

Never been a 676 or 757 fan really. To me they look like long 'flying tubes'. But Posky put the interest into me with their bird. Can't speak of the Level-D as I don't own it but I think the posky model is superb (detailing, framerates, handling). Slap on one of several great looking panels out there and it makes for a winning combination.I'd say mess around with posky first. Then, if you really enjoy the 767 experience, flop down 50 bones and get the level-D with all their extra eye candy.

Guest danowat

"flop down 50 bones and get the level-D with all their extra eye candy."Trust me, the 50 "bones" you "flop" down is not for the "extra eye candy", you are paying for a hi-fidelity, accurate simulation of all of the 767's systems.The Level D sim 767 is a "pilots" plane, and if you are only interested in "eye candy" then you would be better to "flop" your "bones" in a different direction.Dan.

Yawn, don't you get tired of re-hashing the same old things over and over again dan?Joe.

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>Yawn, don't you get tired of re-hashing the same old things>over and over again dan?>>Joe.He's right though.

How is the framerates on the Level-D plane compared to the Posky plane? I have the Posky plane and the framerate is lower than most planes I have. (including the PMDG 737's)

I don't know about the POSKY, but most folks are reporting that the 767 framerates are better than the PMDG 737. In my case, the Level-D framerates are 20-25% better than that with the PMDG 737.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

>"flop down 50 bones and get the level-D with all their extra>eye candy.">>Trust me, the 50 "bones" you "flop" down is not for the "extra>eye candy", you are paying for a hi-fidelity, accurate>simulation of all of the 767's systems.>>The Level D sim 767 is a "pilots" plane, and if you are only>interested in "eye candy" then you would be better to "flop">your "bones" in a different direction.>>Dan.>Your right Dan,:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lolAndr

André

Guest ponyboy

mmmm.... didn't realize that saying "flop 50 bones" and "eye candy" were condescenting terms. Let's see, flop 50 bones = purchase for $50 eye candy = a feast for the eyesyou guys are way to defensive out here. ;)

"eye candy"But that's unfair PonyBoy... Take away the VC and you still have an add-on that faithfully simulates the 767 all the way around. Level-D is far beyond eye candy. If you want eye candy the proper term is to go for the Posky model. Modern Airliners are so much more than visual models thrown together in GMAX with great FDE

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest danowat

Sorry if you took it as an "attack", it was actually a little tongue in cheek, sometimes the subtle British sense of humour is a little bit tricky to get across in text ;)Dan.

Dan you didn't say anything wrong, you were right on the money with your assessment of the LDS 767. I'm talking about the other's here who feel a visual model is on the same level as detailed systems modeling... You just can't compare the two...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2