Sign in to follow this  
deetee

Aerobask Lancair Legacy

Great Shots! This looks like a Beautiful,Quality Product.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Although I prefer the Panthera, the Legacy is certainly a very well-done aircraft, with some very good graphics and very agile in flight.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Sweet did they make a com2/nav2?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sweet did they make a com2/nav2?

Yes, you can use both COM/NAV 1 and 2.

20 bucks? That's a steal! Where do you guys recommend buying from? Or is there only one shop?

@Mario - you prefer the Panthera, why?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just picked this up ! Flies really nice ! The flight dynamics and graphics are top notch ! This is Carenado quality !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

20 bucks? That's a steal! Where do you guys recommend buying from? Or is there only one shop?

@Mario - you prefer the Panthera, why?

If in real life I could choose freely between Legacy and Panthera, I'd take the Panthera. The rational reason is because it has great performance (full fuel tanks can get 4 people over 1.000 nm at 200 kts). The emotional reason is that in my opinion this is the most beautiful GA aircraft currently available. Before, I was a fan of the Cirrus SR22 and the Cessna Corvalis, but since I've first seen pictures of the Panthera, I'm in love. ;-)

Regarding the X-Plane model: In general, the Legacy and the Panthera are typical Aerobask aircraft, i.e. their graphics is very good, but not photorealistic. (I'm talking about the style, not the quality!) In this regard, the Legacy is better than the Panthera, because it has even better textures. (The Panthera will soon get an update to v2, where also some parts will be improved visually.)

In terms of systems (esp. the glass cockpit avionics), Aerobask aircraft are always simplified and mostly use X-Plane default instruments (the v2 version will have the GNS530 put into the MFD). So the Legacy is more "coherent" than the Panthera -- it all fits nicely together, and the real Dynon 100 is not overly complex anyway. In contrast, in the Panthera the avionics look a bit like Dynon/Garmin, but only have a fraction of the real functionality. Some people might not like that.

But I do, because it works abolutely fine, and so I still prefer the Panthera -- also due to performance for long travels and sexyness

Mario, on the Aerobask site the Panthera is listed as having rain effects; having access to both aircraft is this also true for the Legacy?

Thanks

Edit -oh I see the same question's being pondered in the Panthera thread lol

having access to both aircraft is this also true for the Legacy?

Yes, she has rain, too. (In the "media" section of the Legacy page at aerobask.com is a screenshot showing that.)

Wow, the Legacy also has rain effects? That makes my decision really tough...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Wow, the Legacy also has rain effects? That makes my decision really tough...

Get both :D

Or check your priorities:

If you want a fast agile little aircraft take the Legacy. It's more sporty than the Panthera.

If you want an aircraft for "serious" travelling with four people and luggage, take the Panthera.

I bought it, I generally like it , the clickspots on the large SL30 knob are a pita though... Even with TIR paused it's difficult to get the small increments.

Although he did get a nav2 there's no bearing needle on the HSI, Unless I missed how to display it. At least theres DME for nav2.

The gauges are a little tough to read on my screen but I only have high textures might be why.

Flies great though and I can't wait to try it out more on Pilot Edge

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Although he did get a nav2 there's no bearing needle on the HSI, Unless I missed how to display it. At least theres DME for nav2.

On the Dynon, press MENU, then CDI to cycle between NAV1, NAV2 and GPS.

I know that. I'm wondering if there's a way to have an RMI needle in addition to nav1 CDI.

Example - http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=16m3pn5&s=6

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |