Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightplan

AI sound mystery

Guest flightplan

Hi,I have just recently started to get into the AI world. I made an airport with AFCAD2 by Lee Swordy and wanted to add a few AI planes to the airport.I downloaded some AI aircraft and they land, takeoff, and park in the correct places. I noticed, though, that the AI planes were quiet - no sounds.:-( I checked the config files on the AI planes and some had their own sound folders with wav files and some hade a sound folder with a sound link to another plane - like the default Learjet 45.If I select one of the AI planes and go to spot plane mode, I can start and stop the engines via the keyboard and there is plenty of sound. If, however, I'm in another plane watching the AI planes in spot mode, there is no sound from the AI planes. What am I missing?:-hmmm I searched for some info but most of it dealt with creating AI flight planes. I admit, my search technique is not the best - I'm still learning.:-zhelp Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.Tom

Hi Tom,Far as I know this is how it works: ALL AI aircraft sounds are a set of a dozen or so ai_*.wav files in the main sound directory. These determine how they sound from inside and outside YOUR aicraft. What you see in the sound directory is only relevant when you actually select one of them from the a/c menu. Hope this helps.regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest flightplan

>Hi Tom,>>Far as I know this is how it works: ALL AI aircraft sounds are>a set of a dozen or so ai_*.wav files in the main sound>directory. These determine how they sound from inside and>outside YOUR aicraft. >>What you see in the sound directory is only relevant when you>actually select one of them from the a/c menu. >>>Hope this helps.>>regards,>Mark>>3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256Hi,Mark, thank you for your response. I looked at the main sound directory and saw the files you mentioned. Do the AI aircraft have to be linked in a certain way to that directory in order to read those files and produce the AI sounds?Thanks,Tom

nope - it seems as long as an aircraft is referenced in any traffic*.bgl file then that a/c is 'assigned' ai sound. Are all your ai jets/props so affected? If so you may want to check your sound volume settings in the fs options menu - not absolutely sure but I think ai volume is affected by maybe the 'environment' slider.regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest flightplan

>nope - it seems as long as an aircraft is referenced in any>traffic*.bgl file then that a/c is 'assigned' ai sound. Are>all your ai jets/props so affected? >>If so you may want to check your sound volume settings in the>fs options menu - not absolutely sure but I think ai volume is>affected by maybe the 'environment' slider.>>regards,>Mark>>3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256Hi,Mark, thanks for second reply. I did as you suggested re the "enviornment " slider and maxed it out. I went to my airport and waited in my Cessna for some of the jets to taxi.I forgot I had my speakers turned way up. I got into spot mode and about that time two of the AI jets started taxing (I was situated between the two). Well, I was almost blown out of my chair!:-boom BINGO! Your slider suggestion worked! Needless to say I was extremely happy.:-yellow1 My hearing has now returned to normal after the sound blast.Thank you very much for your help.Take care,Tom:-)

:-wave glad 2 help,other stuff is affected too though, i think like touchdown, groundroll, cockpit wind sounds - you may end up turning it back down somewhat! :)regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest flightplan

HI,Yes, I'll definitely turn the vol down a tad.I really appreciate your help Mark.Tom:-)