Sign in to follow this  
wa3pnt

FSX GA Voice Recognition

I have googled FSX GA Voice Recognition, and the search returns are all dated 2009 - 2011.

I am building a GA Sim, and desire to communicate with ATC via voice (as opposed to the selections on the ATC Screen).

I have also found several voice recognition add-ons that are specifically for certain aircraft (737, etc.)

Can someone point me to a General Aviation Voice Recognition program that will work for planes like the C172 and Mooney?

Thanks for any help.

RodeoGeorge

http://www.key.aero/view_article.asp?ID=6047&thisSection=simulation

This is from 2012.  Is that new enough?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I would also look at pilotedge. It's not voice recog (actual controller), but it's fantastic for low slow flyers.

Multi crew experience, despite its name, will do exactly what you want

Multi crew experience, despite its name, will do exactly what you want

+1

Better than VoxATC for GA flying IMO. It also tends to be more flexible in terms of the terminology that you can use.

@DickB:

While MCE gives you flexible voice recognition, it does not include ATC services. Combining MCE with Radar Contact 4 won't help because the latter does not support VFR. Does any other ATC program beside VoxATC offer VFR support?

@RodeoGeorge: Both VoxATC and MCE offer demo versions, I suggest to check out both

@DickB:

While MCE gives you flexible voice recognition, it does not include ATC services. Combining MCE with Radar Contact 4 won't help because the latter does not support VFR. Does any other ATC program beside VoxATC offer VFR support?

You are correct - MCE is not an ATC program. It merely allows voice interaction with default FSX ATC, RC4 and (I think) some other ATC products.

I fly VFR, and for me the combination of MCE and default FSX ATC is perfectly adequate. The voices are more natural and I like the flexibility. But I know that a lot of folks don't like the default ATC. Horses for courses !

Again my thanks to GHarral, qqwertzde, and DickB for you replies and suggestions.  At least I know that it's current products being suggested.

I'm currently on the road on the Rodeo Circuit up in Indiana, so I'll have to wait until I return to Arizona to check out the trial versions.  Upon return I will also be starting on the physical build of a Sim, probably using the Sim Samurai plans as a guide.  So I'll be time sharing between the build and software research.

I have my SEL License, but haven't flown since 1986.  Having built several high end computers recently just for something to keep me current on technology, I'm thinking that a Sim will be a good use for the computers and again keep the grey matter active at 72.

Again thanks.  So much to do.  So little time.  LOL

RodeoGeorge