Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Any Cool Stuff to do with the 777?

OK - I am getting bored flying the 777 already.  Does anyone have any crazy challenges in the 777 we can try?

One thing I did was try a take off and land on the same runway via a 360 go around in the shortest time (no wind). I got it down to 2 min 29 secs.  From start to roll to full stop.

Post any cool stuff we can try.

Paul Gugliotta

Failures.

Always made it to a runway except today, I put random fails at 50/10h and had massive engine problems until they both failed 30 seconds apart on approach, had to land in a field and managed it to be not that bad.

sig01.png

Try and fly it by the book, learn the normal/non-normal procedures, the PMDG 777 simulation provides you the ability to do this. It doesn't sound fun, but it's purpose is not a game.

Fly on the NATS with ATC and have them give u a track and level change...and then get the books our and figure all of your fuel and time out.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Plan and do a flight in the 300ER from OMDB to KLAX, with a full plane load of passengers and find a way to bring no less than 50,000lbs of time critical cargo

Take off from Lukla.  You may want to depart empty though :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Go to Boeing's YouTube channel (or Airbus) and see their videos on the various flight test campaign items. Recreate these certification tests, it's fun. I also like to test the flight envelope protection systems; you can also try turning off the flight computers and do some approaches and procedures to see how dependent you get on them.

Inactive

Take a flight to the Maldives using Emirates or Maybe Maurituis the country. I loved the approach but I am using FTX Global

Turn off your FMC and VOR's and practice current vectors. Only thing you really need is a compass and KIAS. EX. Going from point A to point B shows a track of 176 degrees M at a distance of 250NM. Look at your wind info on your weather engine for the altitude you'll be flying. As an ex., if the wind is blowing 210 at 35 knots, what is your course to steer and ETA to make it to point B? Factor in a descent forecast( 3 to 1 rule?) as a basis. See how close you can get. No boredom here.

Cheers,

Brian

Hopefully an Emergency 777 edition comes out like the Emergency NGX. In the mean time try a little bush flying in Alaska with the 777 ;)

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

A takeoff at MTOW - the T7 feels like a completely different plane then.

Or, as has been mentioned already, testing the flight envelope protections, do certification tests, or even do aerobatics with the FBW turned off.

Fly the River Visual to Runway 19 at DCA.

...or if you have split throttles, fail your HYD and try to get by using engines alone as flight controls.

Kyle Rodgers

Absolutely georgeous....also looking at it from below.

Awesome how one after the other flies over you at the Key Bridge!

Greetings from Georgetown ;-)

OK - I am getting bored flying the 777 already.  Does anyone have any crazy challenges in the 777 we can try?

One thing I did was try a take off and land on the same runway via a 360 go around in the shortest time (no wind). I got it down to 2 min 29 secs.  From start to roll to full stop.

Post any cool stuff we can try.

I think it is going to take a shooter game to excite you!

But if you have not tried yet.

LOWI and LOWS in Austria are pretty cool.

Rob Robson

...or if you have split throttles, fail your HYD and try to get by using engines alone as flight controls.

You'll still have elevator trim to cheat with...

Inactive