Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Any Cool Stuff to do with the 777?

Absolutely georgeous....also looking at it from below.
Awesome how one after the other flies over you at the Key Bridge!

Greetings from Georgetown ;-)

You're in Georgetown?  I ride my bike by there a bunch, actually.  Crossing the 14th street bridge is kinda cool, but I always have to catch myself and remind myself that I'm still trying to drive, or point my bike in the right direction.  Ha ha...

There's a nice place to do some spotting on the old remnants of the Aqueduct Bridge (right next to the key bridge, overlooking the Potomac Boat Club).  Otherwise, I'm at Gravelly Point Park.

You'll still have elevator trim to cheat with...

True.  Still, it's quite the task to accomplish.  I ended up fighting a system for quite a while, until I realized why my turns were so nasty, so I killed it (only vaguely referring to it just in case someone wants to try it themselves without the answer being obvious).  Worked out nicely in the end.

Kyle Rodgers

Every time I drive across the Key bridge my wife tells me, "keep your eyes on the road, we are swerving"

Chris B. Trane

Fly RPLL-VHHH and land 25R in severe weather, Awesome

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

You're in Georgetown?  

Yes, well was.....24 hours layover......on my way to KIAD in 10min.

Rob Robson

Land at SABA airport.

:lol:  Now that's at least a thrill! (RWY length 1300ft/396m) Well, landing is "impossible" but a nice "one main gear touch (down)" ¡w/o autobrake/speedbrake! should be possible...

I wanted to try my "new" FTX global vector+base on different locations anyway. I think the caribbeans are "O.K." for that  :wub:  .

So tonight on the program:

Departure TNCM (Princess Juliana Intl), MC 209 D24.4="SABA" (not TNCS in FSX).

Try some approaches into RWY30 (right main gear touch, right turn out...)

After that landing in TFFR (Guadeloupe) ILS11. (MC 144 D127.5)

I think we have some green lemons, Ginger Ale and brown sugar in the kitchen for a nice "Ipanema" on ice...  B)

O.K. folks. "TIME TO ALIGN 5:01". From the kitchen back to the FLT deck and ready to roll for an APU TO PACK T/O!

Have a nice trip!

Claus

Fly the thing under the Golden Gate Bridge at 300 knots.

I did it in the NGX once; I'm not sure if the 777 fits. But hey, YOLO right?  :lol:

Well, landing is "impossible" but a nice "one main gear touch (down)" ¡w/o autobrake/speedbrake! should be possible...

BTW: apart from the two trees at the end of SABA RWY30 and the TAIL STRIKE on the first approach, everything worked out fine.  :blink:  (T7F, Payload 0%, 10t fuel.)

The caribbeans are a beautiful area to fly, sunset in Guadeloupe and the "Ipanema" were a great joy, too...  B)

I have taken the Air NZ 77L onto the ice runway at McMurdo. That was fun, considering it is not in the FMS.

Heh good to hear that landing worked out.

The funny thing was that when I tried TNCM-TNCS (SABA) in a second mission, there were no trees anymore at the end of the RWY... I think I had hit them so badly in the previous attempts that the ranger decided to cut them down in the meantime.  :lol:

I have taken the Air NZ 77L onto the ice runway at McMurdo. That was fun, considering it is not in the FMS.

That sounds interesting! So now I know where to go this night... B)

I took a look at the website

http://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/mcmwebcam.cfm

and I have the feeling that this time it will be "hot tea" instead of "Ipanema" in the cup holder...

1. Explore the Americas. I updated AFCADS of main hubs in Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Belize, Venzeula, Panama.

Now I can fly to Rio, Buenos Eires, Santiago, Belize, Maqueita under all weather conditions.

Its a lot of fun

2. Plan Around the World flights in as many legs to suit your time.

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

The funny thing was that when I tried TNCM-TNCS (SABA) in a second mission, there were no trees anymore at the end of the RWY... I think I had hit them so badly in the previous attempts that the ranger decided to cut them down in the meantime.  :lol:

That sounds interesting! So now I know where to go this night... B)

I took a look at the website

http://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/mcmwebcam.cfm

and I have the feeling that this time it will be "hot tea" instead of "Ipanema" in the cup holder...

Get Aerosoft Antarctica X scenery.