Sign in to follow this  
jelder

Looking for someone to try shared cockpit with

Given your available bandwidth, ...

Right now.... I'd get the Aerosoft Airbus... you guys will never, ever regret it and I'll say it again, you'll both enjoy hours and hours of great fun instead of frustration.

Hope you find this helpful.

I don't know what protocol you used to share, but UDP via Skype is quite efficient and caused me no lag on my side.

Got the Airbus 318-321 ...the idea is to share the cockpit with $0.00 FLIGHT SIM investment on the other side.

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Chaz,

Yeah, In understand.  I just believe that it's not going to work given the past work I've done with this type of stuff. but I really wish you guys the best of luck! 

Would you please let me know how it worked out for you?

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Wilco...setting up VAC AND 4 repeaters now...

Open VAC Control Panel and make 2 lines

Open 4 Audio Repeater(MME)s

Repeater-1:Wave In: Line 1 - Wave Out: Speakers or primary output device

Repeater-2: Wave In: Primary Microphone - Wave Out: Line 1

Repeater-3: Wave In: Primary Microphone - Wave Out: Line 2

Repeater-4: Wave In: Line 1 - Wave Out: Line 2

Once this is done set Line 1 as your default playback device in Windows and as Line 2 as your default recording device .

Make sure when you change your Skype settings to also have Line 2 as your microphone and your primary output device as the speakers.

This will make it so both you and your caller can hear any audio that comes from your computer (youtube, spotify, pandora, etc.). You can still talk and you won't hear yourself in an echo and neither will the party on the skype call.

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Actually, one only needs two VAC lines, both speakers.  The more lines opened and in use can create overflows and underflows, which will sound like audio chopping in and out.  It won't happen all the time, probably about every tenth session or so, or maybe every one.

Below is my setup script, which automatically loads when I boot the computer.  I've used it for Shared Cockpit for over 8 years, which includes audio from VATSIM ATC, my VATSIM Mic, audio from our group voice server, my mic from our group voice server, and Skype's audio and Mic.

start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Stereo Mix (Realtek High Defini" /Output: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /BufferMs:300 /SamplingRate:44100 /Priority:high /Autostart

start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /Output: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /BufferMs:300 /SamplingRate:44100 /Priority:high /Autostart

start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /Output: "Speakers (3- USB Audio Device)" /BufferMs:300 /SamplingRate:44100 /Priority:high /Autostart

I have Skype Audio set for VAC Line 1 and the Microphone is just set to my Headset Microphone.

The stereo mix (desktop speakers, which FSX comes over) is sent to VAC 1, as is the audio from my headset. Microphones do not require a VAC line.

I hope this helps!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave!

Terrific input...I really appreciate it!

Do you load as three batch files or one bat calling the other three batch files, or one iterative command?

Regards,

Chas

Just one bat, which I place in the Startup folder.

Dave Hodges

Actually, one only needs two VAC lines, both speakers.  The more lines opened and in use can create overflows and underflows, which will sound like audio chopping in and out.  It won't happen all the time, probably about every tenth session or so, or maybe every one.

Below is my setup script, which automatically loads when I boot the computer.  I've used it for Shared Cockpit for over 8 years, which includes audio from VATSIM ATC, my VATSIM Mic, audio from our group voice server, my mic from our group voice server, and Skype's audio and Mic.

1. start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Stereo Mix (Realtek High Defini" /Output: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /BufferMs:300 /SamplingRate:44100 /Priority:high /Autostart

2. start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audio repeater.exe" /Input: "Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /Output: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /BufferMs:300 /SamplingRate:44100 /Priority:high /Autostart

3. start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /Output: "Speakers (3- USB Audio Device)" /BufferMs:300 /SamplingRate:44100 /Priority:high /Autostart

...I hope this helps!

1. start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Stereo Mix (Realtek High Defini" /Output: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /BufferMs:300 /SamplingRate:44100 /Priority:high /Autostart

-I understand this...the output of stereo mix is going to the input of line one, but where does the output of Line 1 , go?

2. start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audio repeater.exe" /Input: "Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /Output: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /BufferMs:300 /SamplingRate:44100 /Priority:high /Autostart

-but, NOTHING is feeding the input of line 2...I can understand outputting line 1to the input of Line 2.

3. start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /Output: "Speakers (3- USB Audio Device)" /BufferMs:300 /SamplingRate:44100 /Priority:high /Autostart

-Same here...What is feeding the input of line 2?...I understand IF line 2 had an input, outputting line 2 to any input device would be reasonable.

I also know that for some reason I can't wrap my head around the notion of a cable unless it is just that ...a cable ...with an input side and then output side.

Thanks!

Chas

Based on the binds that I shared with you:

Bind 1. If your desktop speakers are your default sound device, then Stereomix is any sound coming out of your desktop speakers. The sound(s) from your desktop speakers is then being sent to VAC Line 1.

Bind 2. Sounds from Line 2 (we'll get to what those are, but we've just established the line (path) ahead of time) will also be feed into Line 1.

Bind 3. Sounds from a Headset (in this case it's a USB Headset named "3- USB Audio Device" are feed into VAC Line 2.  When you look at #2 (directly above) there is a cable (path) for VAC Line 2 to be feed into VAC Line 1.

Conclusion:

VAC Line 1 is then what you'd select for your Stream to monitor (under Speakers). This will allow all the sounds from your headset (for example, VATSIM ATC) and the sounds from your aircraft (which come over your desktop speakers) to go to your stream.

Hope this helps.

Dave Hodges

Dave,

I noticed I never thanked you for your support, so

THANKS!!!

I still can't get stereo mix to do anything, tho it connects, it shows no input indication...just sits there...so I am working on that....I have moved, BTW , kicking and screaming, over to Win-10 and P3Dv3.

Same problem with Stereo-Mix with Win10, and because of that, the 4 input I originally cited from another helper works in your suggested start-up bat file. So when I find out the problem with Stereo-mix, I will implement your 2 channel VAC set-up.

Hope you are enjoying your shared cockpits...I know we would all love you to SHARE your shared cockpit experiences on YouTube!

Regards,

Chas

Sorry Chas... I've been wrapped up in supporting development and setting up an upcoming Flight Sim Broadcast (this Saturday), so I've been away from the forum for a while.

You're most welcome.

Dave Hodges

On 8/5/2014 at 11:57 PM, jelder said:

I recently ran across this video on the Pilot Edge forums:  

To me, this is the ultimate in flight simming, two people remotely/virtually sharing the cockpit duties in a 737, with essentially real world ATC.  I am a big fan of Pilot Edge, and I am surprised it does not get more play here in the forums.  This flight was flown in X-plane, but I was hoping to try something similar in P3D.  I don't currently have a 737 to try in P3D but would like to try in just a 172 to see how well it works.  

I am located in the Bay Area - CA (PST) and usually fly in the evenings.  PM me if you are interested in trying to connect and fly.  I would like to try it without connecting to Pilot Edge first, to work out the kinks, and then I would like to try it online for the full experience.  I am a VFR rated private pilot, so I am fairly comfortable with the radios, so I would be happy to be someone's copilot.

Best regards.

Jim

hey i would do shared cockpit i use xplane 11 on the zibo mod contact me on discord emilio.perez.macias#2649