Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

FMC-Crashes when changing approach (PROGRAM PIN-ERROR)

Hi!

Just checking if anyone else are having this problem...

Yesterday during a flight, I entered an approach for rwy 07 (i think) at LICJ, and selected a star...

I wasnt happy with the STAR so I changed to another one... The legs page was kind of messed up after this, with the same waypoint coming 2-3 times...

Then the winds changed so I had to change rwy to rwy 25 instead, and selected another STAR...

then the FMC crashed...  and went back to the "fmc startup page" where you can select FMC on the top left button...

After that the legs page was inop, I couldnt delete anything, nor insert anything... not even move the waypoints around...

I noticed a Program pin error in the scratchpad on the fmc...

I remember having this issue before sp1 as well...

This has only happened one time so Iim not sure if its related to just this approach or if this happens everytime you change the rwy...

'

Niklas Eriksson

I had the "programm pin error" message on ground after trying to change runway for takeoff at KTPA... 

CDU on captain side was frozen, I could still go through the menues on the FO side but could not insert anything anymore.

Happened only once, and I did not try to reproduce so I'm not sure what triggered the issue, change of runway or something else I did before...

edit : also want to add it happened after pushback, with flightplan fully completed and activated.

I've the same problem of Nigge, in the same airport, LICJ (but there happens also in other airports) but with the 737NGX sp1c

I've contact with the PMDG support and i wait for their reply.

My aircraft is 737 800/900 sp1c with Aerosoft/Lido Airac (i've tried with navigraph airac but the problem persist).

This is a video demonstration of the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&v=Nuxm82SNM00&x-yt-ts=1421914688

I'm sorry, I watched your video and had no idea what you were trying to accomplish.  Change the approach to VOR7? If so, you were not doing it correctly.

Also, please note you jumped onto a thread regarding the PMDG 77X in the 777 forum and full names are required on all posts in the PMDG forums.

Dan Downs KCRP

Downscc,

i've tried to change the approach from VOR Z 07 to VOR Y 07 and when i pushed the button the CDU was freeze.

I couldn't understand why you were selecting an enroute fix before selecting a different approach and why the keyboard was active.  Odds are with an active keyboard, all you have to do is hit the space key and nothing you put in the scratchpad is going to work. Make it a habit to keep that feature off unless you are using it.

Also, I've change arrivals and approaches numerous times. It works.

Dan Downs KCRP

Downscc,

I do not understand what you mean with the fact of the active keyboard. Can you explain better?

Thanks!

I do not understand what you mean with the fact of the active keyboard. Can you explain better?

See the green flashing box at the end of your video? That means direct keyboard entry is in use, or "active." This allows you to type your entries on the keyboard in front of you instead of being forced to type on the CDU by clicking on the actual buttons in the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

i can't insert any data (also with keyboard), because in the captain's CDU say nothing (is freeze) and in the f/o cdu say "invalid entry".

Kyle,

i can't insert any data (also with keyboard), because in the captain's CDU say nothing (is freeze) and in the f/o cdu say "invalid entry".

Understood. I was simply answering your question from earlier ("I do not understand what you mean with the fact of the active keyboard. Can you explain better?"). I wasn't attempting to solve the issue you're seeing as I'd previously directed you to the official support site for that.

Kyle Rodgers

I've a open ticket with PMDG support and i wait for their response.

Thanks. That helps us to track potential bugs and manage them more effectively than scouring the forum all day.

Kyle Rodgers