Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

210/FLAPS speed rest

I'm flying out of EGBB on rwy 15 and using the TNT5E SID

On my FMC i receive this message on the climb page -

210/FLAPS speed rest, I'm used to seeing 250/10000

Now in this situation with your experience how will i deal with this after takeoff will i need to stay in flaps 1 untill i pass this rest?

Also i got a message saying unable to do 210 kts so i changed it to a soft rest 210B

Was this correct?

Vernon Howells

The SID has a 210 knot maximum speed for the initial left turn. The CLB page is probably just warning you to keep flaps extended otherwise you won't be able to make the turn at that speed. What flaps you need depends on your weight. You need to keep sufficient flap extended to enable you to safely manoeuvre at 210 knots. The manoeuvring speed index for the flap angle on the speed tape will help you decide.

The 210 knot restriction coming up as a required speed is a probably fault with how the SID was coded so your edit to 210B is fine, however you could also just ignore the "unable" message.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi kevin.

Thanks for that response i did retract flaps at the 1 marker ooops :( hey its a learning curve!

I should of followed my gut instinct to keep flaps 1 never mind, its a sim lol i will get it right next time.

But as for the 210 rest, it was a MAX 210 so thats why i decided to change it to a soft rest.

Vernon Howells

In this case the FMC was telling you the aircraft won't reach 210 before the constraint waypoint so the 210 maximum will be satisfied and the FMC caution message can safely be ignored.

ki9cAAb.jpg