Hello guys

I have made some money this summer and I'm going to get this 2 new pieces but I need your advice please.

CPU- Intel I7 4770K 3.5

MOBO - Budget is 100 euros. if you could give me an advice :)

I think the CPU is ok but regarding the mobo I have no idea :(

Thanks

Ivan

Here are all of the Motherboards compatible with your CPU - https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/?compatible_with=intel-cpu-bx80646i74770k. Out of this list, I would pick the ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I own MSI's 87 45 Gaming motherboard. Well featured for the price, stable overclock (4770K @4.4) with good audio and networking.  These latest motherboards are very well featured/built for the price asked. You will do well with whatever you choose.

Get a z97 board not a z87

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

hello

thanks for all replies.  charlatan, the z97 is 167 here is spain, very away of my mobo budget :) 

regards

There is not much difference between the Z87 and Z97, if your budget is tight, you will be fine with a Z87. Asus are the MOBO leaders.

hello

thanks for all replies.  charlatan, the z97 is 167 here is spain, very away of my mobo budget :) 

regards

Ouch, would it not be cheaper to buy one off the internet from somewhere in the UK maybe?

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

I would get the 4790K as it will work on some Z87 mobo's and it'll OC better and run cooler

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hello z06z33

I'm coming from an AMD FX-6300 and now moving to Intel I7 4770K, i thik I will spot a huge difernce between this 2 cpu`s, I7 4790K is away of my budget but thank you for replying :)

Charlatan - yeah that is what I'm going to look for, try to find it out somehwere in the uk :) 

Regards

UKV6427

I'm happy with my ASRock Z97 Extreme4, but if you think you will need support, you might want to try another brand.  Their support forum is ok, but not great.  ASRock I believe does not visit it.  I almost could not get mine to boot even though it was showing a 99 code--indicating video card problem.  But then I tried a wired keyboard and changing my monitor to use VGA instead of HDMI (duuh) and everything started working.  

Their OC utility in Windows is good enough for me, I can switch between turbo 4.7 ghz (using 380 watts or so) and power save for browsing which uses 80 watts.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

get used pc or keep fx6300 till got $1000 saved. Avoid 2048 and 4096 textures, turn off shadows, run 2x low water, just use normal autogen and dense scenery can still use fx6300 just fine. Lots of these people with max out machines have money to play with.

saving 1000$ will take to me about 6 years hahaha. I'm just a simple university student and I am not working. I just made money because I worked a bit this summer hehe. It's completly impossible to me hehe.

I will get the I7 4770K and the gigabyte 87 or 97 still to determine :) 

The problem with my FX-6300 is that he stopped working :(