Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

how to avoid such horrible surprises!`?

Hi guys,

I started a flight from Paris to Rio with the new PMDG 777 - 300. Due to the long trip I had to saved this flight two times. The first time as I load it, was everthing ok. The second time I wanted to continue with the flight I got this horrible surprise, that makes you cry! Once load it, there is no initialization time, no displays, is just sadly dead....

Unbenannt_zps9a6e68ad.png

Have some of you experienced the same thing? any solutions to this problem?

Thanks to all!

The first time as I load it, was everthing ok. The second time I wanted to continue with the flight I got this horrible surprise, that makes you cry! Once load it, there is no initialization time, no displays, is just sadly dead....

Hi, Felipe,

Did you restart FSX before you loaded the saved flight the second time?

Also, did you unpause the flight to allow the initialization countdown to occur?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Also, did you unpause the flight to allow the initialization countdown to occur?

I have never had the need to save a T7 flight which was in the air. Do you pause the flight before saving it?

I have never had the need to save a T7 flight which was in the air. Do you pause the flight before saving it?

Hi, Michael,

Yes.  Then I go into slew mode (y), unpause the flight and allow the countdown to proceed.  When it ends, back into normal mode.  Works most of the time.

I do this a lot -- in midflight on a long flight, or at the beginning of an approach, so I can practice it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi mike,

the second time was starting fsx for the first time. I only save flights with the FSX saving option I dont save cockpit states in the fmc, I am not sure if it has something to do with it. I would say no since It has work for me fine before... 

the second time was starting fsx for the first time. I only save flights with the FSX saving option I dont save cockpit states in the fmc, I am not sure if it has something to do with it. I would say no since It has work for me fine before...

Hi, Felipe,

You shouldn't have to save the panel state separately -- FSX's save function does it just fine.  So does the Autosave feature in FSUIPC. 

I think this is a problem that happens when FSX is installed in the Program Files folder.  Try running FSX as administrator.  I believe this is the fix.  PMDG advises to not install FSX in a Programs folder.  There are posts about this issue on this forum.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2