Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

How to Make a Denmark Region

Perhaps this is old school for you Orbx Global users.  I recently purchased Global but do not yet have openLC.

I am greatly enjoying the new textures in non Orbx Regions.

I have recently started upgrading certain non-Region areas with freeware to check out the result.

This includes Denmark.

So for Denmark, I added several freeware major airports from:

http://www.vidandesign.com/

I have not bought any payware from Vidan Design.

And Denmark v1.4 freeware package available on AVSIM,  which contains tons of freeware airports many with photo backgrounds and cities, major structures...a huge list of content.

file:///D:/Games/Flight%20Simulation%2010/Addon%20Scenery/Denmark%20v1.3/Content.html

I think there may be other upgrades available as freeware that would also work to enhance the region.

I now have Denmark Region sitting in Orbx Global textures, with UTX Europe (vector info) - beautiful.  Lots of airports big and small for short hops.  Much thanks to those dedicated scenery designers who put together the Denmark v1.4 package and to Vidan Design for their wonderful airports.

Just thought I would pass this on to you Orbx users.

cheers

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

If you don't use FTXG Vector and/or Open LC Europe (yet), you should do yourself a favour and install Denmark Map X as well: http://www.jkelloggs.dk/scenery/denmarkmapx.

Excellent landclass/vector package for Denmark, in some ways (my opinion) better than any of the commercial offerings (in their current state).

Works perfectly in P3D as well by the way.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

HI Penz, Im not sure how that would work with UTX Europe, which not only covers Denmark but most of Europe with Vector info and specific landclass.

I guess I could try it and set its priority just below the Denmark Airport and other Scenery but above UTX stuff.

Near CAM3

It works flawlessly with UTX Europe as long as you do like you wrote; set Denmark Map X priority one higher than the highest priority UTX scenery layer.

(This is actually explained, with accompanying screenshot, on the Denmark Map X home page ...).

If you don't use FTXG Vector and/or Open LC Europe (yet), you should do yourself a favour and install Denmark Map X as well: http://www.jkelloggs.dk/scenery/denmarkmapx.

Excellent landclass/vector package for Denmark, in some ways (my opinion) better than any of the commercial offerings (in their current state).

Works perfectly in P3D as well by the way.

It works flawlessly with UTX Europe as long as you do like you wrote; set Denmark Map X priority one higher than the highest priority UTX scenery layer.

(This is actually explained, with accompanying screenshot, on the Denmark Map X home page ...).

Hi Bryan,

I second all that Penz wrote - I have Denmark Scenery 1.4, Denmark Map 2.1, various Vidan freeware and payware addons as well as FTX Global, Open LC EUR and UTX Europe and all appear to work very well together provided the Denmark addons are above UTX and the FTX addons in the scenery library. I am not using FTX Vector but rely on the vector data from UTX and that seems to work quite well for Europe as a whole although Denmark Map contains accurate vector data for that country. I assume that by having the Denmark Map entry above UTX in the scenery library, that he Denmark Map vector data will take preference over the UTX vector data for Denmark - but I am open to correction if that assumption is wrong?

Bill

I assume that by having the Denmark Map entry above UTX in the scenery library, that he Denmark Map vector data will take preference over the UTX vector data for Denmark - but I am open to correction if that assumption is wrong?

That's how it is explained on the Denmark Map X home page (http://www.jkelloggs.dk/scenery/denmarkmapx), so I'd say your assumption is a good one! :)

Thanks Penz! I hadn't actually looked at the home page but used my intuition! Seems like I might at last be getting the hang of the intricacies of FTX after many years!! :smile:

Bill

Yup, I got Denmark Map X installed correctly, everything is great.  Haven't done any comparisons between UTX and Denmark Map X to make note of what differences there might be.

I'm fine with what I have now.

Near CAM3