Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

Confused ! Fiber accelerator with Vsynce and DX10 fixer, really I am confused !

Hi guys & hope you well

I just need to know something, I am understood that if you have a 60 refresh rate monitor----> then you need to set it to 1/2 in your NVI.

if your screen is 120 refresh rate-----> then you need to setting up the vsynce inside the NVIDIA inspector to 1/4 , thats what I understood.

Be carefully (My screen is 120--->so I use 1/4 in NVI Vsync setting and I use the fsx internal frame rate limmeter and set it to 30FPS)

Now i have installed the FSX FIBER accelerator and use it correctly but i got no improvment.

Does that mean i need to forced off the vsync (delete it from my fsx cfg and switch it to OFF in my NVJ) and dont use it ?

Also in the fiber accelerator there is lower frame rate and middle frame rates and I dont know what I should usig ?

Also is it should to set my fsx frame limeter to unlimited ?

Note : I use DX10 with fsx in windowed mode ?

Keep in mind FSX + DX10 + STEVE DX10 FIXER + FSX IN WINDWED MODE + VSYNC 1/2 in my NVI.

Hope I get the help that make me say YES FSX FIBER ACCELERATOR GIVES ME any IMPROVMENT IN MY FSX.

Thx

What frames are you getting in FSX before adding Fiber Accelerator?

What frames are you getting in FSX before adding Fiber Accelerator?

Nearly the same during use it !!!!

And what number range would that be?

FA is not a miracle worker. It does not take a budget system and turn it into a powerhouse. 

FA is not a miracle worker. It does not take a budget system and turn it into a powerhouse.

Avg 16 to 25 in KSEA, with the NGX AND REX4 !!

The program is changing the frames between unlimited and 35 FPS( which iisthe frame rate inside fsx ), but I dont see or excatly feel any improvment !!!!

How could it, if it  is not there you can't get it. I think it thins the heard to run things smoother. FPS is for First Person Shooters not FSX.

The program is changing the frames between unlimited and 35 FPS( which iisthe frame rate inside fsx ), but I dont see or excatly feel any improvment !!!!

I have two questions:

- Are you using the latest version of FSX Fiber Accelerator - 1.2?

- Have you read the manual that comes with that version - particularly pages 19 thru 22.

I have two questions:

- Are you using the latest version of FSX Fiber Accelerator - 1.2?

- Have you read the manual that comes with that version - particularly pages 19 thru 22.

Q1 I have version 2.1

Q2 yes that the first thing I do.

I've given up on magical fixes...I have a watercooled i2700 running at 5ghz (rock solid - never had an OC crash), a GTX 770 running three monitors (outside view using the VC, two monitors for undocked gauges or 2d panel), and 8 gigs of memory.  Built it myself from scratch for about $1,700 18 months ago.

I use ORBX's FSGlobal product, and their North American ones.  I use Active Sky Next with REX textures.  I don't buy add on airports - they bring my system to its knees.

I get solid frames (low 20s with real weather and the PMDG 777 on the ground in Seattle (using stock scenery and fairly low levels of AI) with mid-range use of sliders for autogen, complexity and water.   Much higher for simpler airplanes or simpler scenery locations (SEATAC and BFI are some of the most demanding scenery corners in the ORBX universe).

I don't tweak.  I don't mess around with NVIDIA inspector.  And I use Bjorte's site to create my FSX config file. 

Horsepower...

What's your point? Not everyone has $1700+ to sink into a computer box.

I use it with the big jets to fly into the frame-heavy add-on airports. Otherwise I don't need it. But for that kind of stuff, it works great.

If you fly in windowed mode you still need to keep the vsync line in your fsx.cfg. Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. For what it's worth I have a similar setup with NVI, Steve's fixer and did not see any benefit to the FA (demo).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If you fly in windowed mode you still need to keep the vsync line in your fsx.cfg. Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. For what it's worth I have a similar setup with NVI, Steve's fixer and did not see any benefit to the FA (demo).

Yes mark, excactly like you, I dont see any benefit to FA !!!

Thats why i asked ?