Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Norway freeware - absolutely incredible

For anyone like me who has perhaps been a little bit slow to download and install the array of freeware scenery available for Norway because the instructions all looked a little complex and you were wondering about compatibilty with Orbx FTX Global or Open LC EU, all I would say is go for it!

I have got to say it is the most incredible freeware scenery and provided you download the latest versions of everything and install it paying very close attention to the installation instructions (there is help also available from the post started by J van E on Avsim - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416472-norway-updated/page-1), it is absolutely wonderful and thus far I have found no major problems. There are quite a few components to the whole thing (Norway airports and airfields, mesh, scenery, landclass and even a combination of photoreal scenery and autogen around the principle airports which works remarkably well IMO) and, although it is not necessary to install all the components (you could just install the airports/airfields if you wish), they all work beautifully together.

I should point out that I have installed everything alongside my pre-existing FTX Global, FTX Open LC-EUR and 4 Aerosoft Norwegian airports with no problems although it is necessary to deactivate/remove the files related to the Aerosoft products from the Norway freeware.

I will certainly be doing a lot more flying in Norway now as a result of installing this. My thanks to the efforts and generosity of the design team who have produced this most amazing example of freeware!

Bill

Norway sucks!

I almost always end up colliding with mountains, or other immovable objects of similar nature, at ridiculously high speeds ... :o

(By the way I agree completely with Bill, Norway freeware is a bit tedious to install, but awesome.).

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

This is the best freeware scenery I've ever downloaded. It's simply OUTSTANDING!

Big "thank you" to the developers and J van E for introducing me to this wonderful scenery.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bit like NL2000 which has Holland covered, credit to the developers for releasing all this freeware at great quality!!!!

Pics would be nice if you already have it setup :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I did think about uploading some screenshots but I haven't uploaded anything since the new system of uploading pictures came in as it seemed like too much trouble! I will however have a look at it again and try to get some screenshots on in the next 24 hours.

Bill

FYI, I have the suite of Norway freeware installed, then I recently just got Global Base.  I do not have openLC but I do have UTX Europe.  I ran into a problem with the freeware Norway landclass files being not compatible with UTX and Global in the area of shorelines.  I posted about this issue over at Orbx and after much searching for a solution, we found out that the shoreline textures being called up for inland lakes and streams were drawing massive amounts of waves on every lake, pond, stream.  It was pretty spectacular but very annoying.

You can find the posts over at Orbx if your interested.  I simple had to deactivate the Norway landclass files.

However, everything else seems to be fully compatible and its like a Norway Region.

I also recently posted here about Denmark.  You can download freeware airports from Vidan Design and freeware Denmark v1.4 which has tons of airports, scenery upgrades for that region.  I haven't found any incompatibilities yet so once again, I now have a mini Denmark region.

As I said I dont have the openLC yet but I still like the result when you apply some of the good freeware ontop of Global.  And if one is inclined its possible with a bit of Instant Scenery work to add more airport clutter etc to spice it up even more.

cheers, Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

A couple of random screenshots from freeware Norway ...

ENGM Gardermoen (Oslo):

ENGM_zps471a23eb.jpg

ENBO Bodø (Bodø):

ENBO_zps64fa82de.jpg

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Pics don't do this package justice. You need to download it and experience it.

Here's a taste ENNK-ENBO:

Wr2ea.jpg

CLSw5.jpg

d1OGt.jpg

UZIVa.jpg

j7l3a.jpg

WJrt6.jpg

7yX3l.jpg

9hawb.jpg

MZGL3.jpg

0tcfB.jpg

OK I think I have worked out how to upload screenshots - my apologies if this doesn't work!

Bear in mind that these screenshots are from my Norway set up which is a combination of all the Norway freeware, FTX Global, FTX Open LC EU and UTX Europe as well as the 4 available Aerosoft airports, but all seem to work pretty well together.

The selection below are Haugesund x2; Narvik; Namsos; Kristiansund; Kristiansand x2; Skagen; Kirkenes; Bergen area; Tromso

But I would agree with the previous poster however who says that mere screenshots do not do this freeware justice.

Bill

ssHaugesund2_zps47efd631.jpgssHaugesund1_zps1e5dafd7.jpgssNarvik_zps1deb4a2c.jpgssNamsos_zps58b0ea41.jpgssKristiansund2_zpsb1310e59.jpgssKristiansand2_zpsb07c592b.jpgssKristiansand_zpsf3a9aa9a.jpgssSkagen_zps1de11610.jpgssKirkenes_zpsc8d407f7.jpgssBergen_zpsf1686b00.jpgssTromso1_zps1a905483.jpg

Given how good this all looks Im thinking about what could an Orbx Region offer to top this, because we have in effect an Orbx Region.

I suppose some custom landclass, and the flow technologies, ie peopleflow at airports, not sure if the night lighting would add much.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Given how good this all looks Im thinking about what could an Orbx Region offer to top this, because we have in effect an Orbx Region.

I am not sure how much influence, if any, Orbx FTX Global has on the appearance but, I would agree, the effect overall is comparable with that of an Orbx region.

Some pictures from the Norway scenery,with ORBX.

v5yTD.jpg

s0wRr.jpg

Two pictures with Ship Traffic

579Ou.jpg

KUkPb.jpg

The Ship Traffic is fantastic,ships everywhere.

Jan

My pics include FTX Global. ORBX and REX do play an important part in order to make it shine.