Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Norway freeware - absolutely incredible

... and the result again is absolutely excellent, although Denmark being relatively flat, the scenery is not as dramatic as Norway.

I agree with you about Denmark and flat.  I actually had no idea until I build up the denmark package....things we can learn from flight simming.

It's not flat, more like "subtly contoured"! B)

One of the most well known high peaks here in Denmark is "Himmelbjerget" (literally "Sky Mountain"), at an impressive 147 metres (482 feet).

The highest peak, however, is Møllehøj at 170.86 metres (561 feet).

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

:smile: :smile:   Now that's a good one, "subtly contoured"......a couple weeks ago I have hiking in my neighbouring alpine where we drove a couple hrs (from sea level) up to the ski area at 5,000'+ (2300meters or so, hiked throught the alpine meadows to 6000'.  Now that is contouring.

Our area is well know in winter for skiing in the morning, golfing in the afternoon, taking a dip in the ocean to cool off in the evening. :BigGrin:

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

It's not flat, more like "subtly contoured"!

"Subtly contoured!" - I love it! Reminds me when I lived in Ireland and they would call it a "soft day" when it was pouring rain!

Well despite the "subtle contouring", Denmark is beautiful and extraordinarily realistic scenery to fly over and very very pleasant to visit in the real world.

Bill

Hey Bill, this is the mother load, never found that in my search...beautiful....Malmo here we come.  How to thank these folks?

I agree with you about Denmark and flat.  I actually had no idea until I build up the denmark package....things we can learn from flight simming.

Thanks, Bryan

Hey Bryan, I don't know if you installed the freeware for Skelleftea (ESNS) from the link of Swedish airports that I sent you, but if you did, check your Seattle (KSEA) scenery as I found a very large strange featureless rectangular object on the grass beside the runway towards the end of 34R. It disappeared once I uninstalled Skelleftea! The reason I knew to check for this was when I installed Skelleftea into FS9 a few years ago I found another strange object (more like a military hangar) in the exactly same place in FS9 KSEA. Strange that something similar should happen in FSX with an addon for the same airport!

Curiously enough I have also found one of the Easter Island stone heads off to the left of the same runway and also what looks like an apartment block and a barn neither of which were present before but I have no idea where they have come from and they are still present after uninstalling Skelleftea!

Bill

:( I have downloaded Norway Mesh X.zip. When I open the folder I have "Norway Mesh X v0.75" and inside I have a Scenery folder with the .bgls inside. However, it does not allow me to change the name of Norway Mesh X v0.75 to Norway Mesh X!

Even creating a folder called Norway Mesh X  and trying to move the Scenery folder across it does not allow it to happen, etc. The system tells me that it cannot copy from the source to the destination folder as it thinks it is the same.

Any help please? There have been no issues with the other downloads.

Thanks

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Hi Sauviat,

:( I have downloaded Norway Mesh X.zip. When I open the folder I have "Norway Mesh X v0.75" and inside I have a Scenery folder with the .bgls inside. However, it does not allow me to change the name of Norway Mesh X v0.75 to Norway Mesh X!

Even creating a folder called Norway Mesh X  and trying to move the Scenery folder across it does not allow it to happen, etc. The system tells me that it cannot copy from the source to the destination folder as it thinks it is the same.

Any help please? There have been no issues with the other downloads.

Thanks

Sauviat

Hi Sauviat,

I downloaded a Norway mesh for FS9 which I understand from another thread on Avsim http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416472-norway-updated/page-1 works very well with FSX and simply activated it in the FSX scenery library - it all seems good.

The site I downloaded it from was http://www.flightsim.../norge/114.html. Maybe give that a try and see how it works for you.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Bill - Yes, I have used this, but was under the impression that v0.75 was an updated version.

Lars - That is what I have downloaded, where my issue is that it will not allow me to rename the folder.

Regards

sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Hey Bryan, I don't know if you installed the freeware for Skelleftea (ESNS) from the link of Swedish airports that I sent you, but if you did, check your Seattle (KSEA) scenery as I found a very large strange featureless rectangular object on the grass beside the runway towards the end of 34R. It disappeared once I uninstalled Skelleftea! The reason I knew to check for this was when I installed Skelleftea into FS9 a few years ago I found another strange object (more like a military hangar) in the exactly same place in FS9 KSEA. Strange that something similar should happen in FSX with an addon for the same airport!

Curiously enough I have also found one of the Easter Island stone heads off to the left of the same runway and also what looks like an apartment block and a barn neither of which were present before but I have no idea where they have come from and they are still present after uninstalling Skelleftea!

Bill

Bill while I d/led the files they are not all installed yet.  I was trying to see if I could get SwedFlight Pro to work first.  I will check into this phenomenon. 

Guys, I have FSGenesis Nextmap for Norway and all of Europe for that matter, is there any particular reason why I might want to try this particular mesh you  are talking about?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I'm sure FSGenesis for Norway would be fine. I just used the Norway Mesh because I didn't have FSGenesis for Norway and indeed I did not bother getting it as I had to uninstall FSGenesis for Ireland because of significant elevation problems with Eiresim Cork airport when FSGenesis was combined with FTX Ireland.

Bill