Sign in to follow this  
brucek

FTX Global / Vector for P3Dv2.2?

I have FTX/Orbx Norcal and love it, and was thinking of buying FTX Global and/or Vector, and note that FTX Global looks like it is only compatible with P3Dv1.x.  Have I simply not looked hard enough, or is the FTX Global not compatible with P3Dv2.2.  I never got as far as looking at FTX Vector, any info on that with v2.2?

Thanks,  Bruce.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

I have PNW and NoCal. I have read the .pdf manual that comes with FTX-G and note that it uses some form of hybrid configuration to enable flight in and out of FTX regions, or I can configure FTX-G differently to get a better look if I am willing to stop/start P3D when crossing FTX region boundaries. Can anyone comment on how best to manage FTX-G when I also have FTX regions?

Thanks, Bruce.

And Orbx works in P3D v2.3 also.  Excellent products.

Cheers, Rob.

With vector, I had roads running into airports and, accordingly, with automobiles that seemingly wanted to get up close and personal with aircraft. I thought part of the pitch was for "accurate roads, coastlines, etc."

I think KSEA was a widely reported case...

I had roads running into airports and, accordingly, with automobiles that seemingly wanted to get up close and personal with aircraft.

The Vector 1.15 patch fixed many of those issues and Vector 1.2 is on the table to use more accurate data.

Cheers, Rob.

Can anyone comment on how best to manage FTX-G when I also have FTX regions?

This is discussed in detail at the ORBX forum. Try the following link:

http://fullterrain.com/usermanuals/FTX_Definitive_Guide.zip

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

For the price, honestly I'm a bit underwhelmed by the global and vector. Since joining PilotEdge, I do a lot of my simming in the So-Cal and Las Vegas area. I've never seen Las Vegas so lush and green...especially in the middle of the summer heat ;) And In ORBX vector world, McCarran sunk 50 feet into the ground. Again for the price, that's disappointing.

Chris

McCarran sunk 50 feet into the ground. Again for the price, that's disappointing.

I'm have FTX and Vectors installed and only the Southwester corner of McCarran is sunk (but I also have Pilot's FS 2010 Mesh installed) . . . which I'm guessing is due to the 60 foot difference in real life runway elevations. It is my understanding that AI aircraft in P3D still require flat (non-slopped) runways to take off and land.

For me, even though FTX Global, Vector, and Mesh are rather expensive, they are still a great value for their coverage of the entire world.  Perhaps the summer 'lushness' of LV will be corrected with Orbx's OpenLC North America, which the 4th aspect of Orbx' FTX Global coverage.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I was reading up on some of the apparent elevation issues and see now that updated mesh is almost a must. And I've been really impressed with what I've seen with OpenLC Europe. I'll definitely have to give that a shot when they release North America. Sheeesh...my wallet hurts :vava:

Chris

For the price, honestly I'm a bit underwhelmed by the global and vector. Since joining PilotEdge, I do a lot of my simming in the So-Cal and Las Vegas area. I've never seen Las Vegas so lush and green...especially in the middle of the summer heat ;) And In ORBX vector world, McCarran sunk 50 feet into the ground. Again for the price, that's disappointing.

You are right a bout it being a little to lush and green. I fly in Greece and a lot of other Mediterranean countries and the same things is happening. I started a support topic on the FTX support forum here to let the devs know. Maybe you can also for Las Vegas.

Other then that, paying around $200USD to have a complete world texture solution is not as bad as a lot of people are saying. It takes A LOT of man hours to deploy something like that.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png