Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charlie Hall

Need info on gauges

Looking for info on finding out more about how gauges work....or finding out what a switch is supposed to do when it is toggled. I have d/l one of the many P Golding DC9/MD80 panels. When the nav light switch is toggled, it turns on the panel lights, but not the nav lights. Played around and imported another nav light switch from another a/c, and it works correctly. But wanting to learn more about gauges & gauge programming.Also, on the updated SGA DC9's ( 30,40,50 series), is there a reason why I can't see the landing lights from the 2d cockpit. They illuminate on the wings & the nose gear, but don't cast any light on the runway, in any view.Thanks@Rick

Guest Charlie Hall

If the gauge in question is written in XML it should be possible to modify it, I have successfully modified one or two that did not work properly but I am no expert! XML files can be edited in Notepad but the job might be made easier with an XML editor. A search on Google should find one or two free ones. As far as I know the older style gau files cannot be disassemled although I have heard of a program that can be used to modify the bitmaps. The landing lights not showing from the cockpit are due to the mdl file for the plane. I do not think it is an easy task to modify the mdl file if it is even at all possible although the original author may be able to do it.