Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Annoying problem with Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals when not flying

Hi,

Whenever I'm not flying and I'm playing certain games, the game will recognize the pedals as a controller. Some games that I have don't have an option to turn off controllers, so I'm stuck with leaving it on.

For most of my games, this isn't a problem. But for certain games like Sleeping Dogs, the game recognizes the pedals as a controller, and for some reason, the way the pedals are set makes the game think that I'm trying to control everything with the pedals. The game thinks I'm depressing the pedals, when in fact they're just standing on the default position. To stop the game from thinking this, I have to depress the pedals (Both of them) half-way, and then the game thinks I'm no longer pressing on them. 

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this?

Thanks

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I hate to be Capt. Obvious, here, but unplugging any controllers that you don't want a particular game to recognize should fix your problem.  The problem does not lie with your rudder pedals.  If there's no setting within the game to select/calibrate/etc. individual controllers then your best bet is to unplug whatever you're not using.

Cheers!

Eric Gee

Certified RTFM instructor

I hate to be Capt. Obvious, here, but unplugging any controllers that you don't want a particular game to recognize should fix your problem.  The problem does not lie with your rudder pedals.  If there's no setting within the game to select/calibrate/etc. individual controllers then your best bet is to unplug whatever you're not using.

That does work, but.... I fly every day, and I play games every day. I'd have to unplug and replug every day. And it's not convenient because it's connected to the back of my computer, which is on a platform. So yeah.

Why not try a 1m usb extension cable so as you can disconnect in front of the PC  (thats what I do)... or you could buy a 2m cable and stay in the chair but heh  some exercise is beneficial

Why not try a 1m usb extension cable so as you can disconnect in front of the PC  (thats what I do)... or you could buy a 2m cable and stay in the chair but heh  some exercise is beneficial

Well I need both front ports too, for my headset and for my external drive (both have short cables).

This is really annoying, though.

Think Rob ment an extension that you can plug into the back, and bring the cable to the front so you dont have to reach round the back of the PC to disconnect it.

Luke Pype