Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Pro Flight yoke USB 2.0 MTT Hub failed

I'm having trouble installing my Saitek Pro Flight yoke.

I'm starting the driver installer, it asks me to plug in the yoke which I do, then the windows drivers begin to install, among which the USB 2.0 MTT Hub driver and this one fails constantly.

Al ready tried updating drivers manually, but the latest is installed, tried to do an automatic install with automatic updates turned on. Tried different things untill windows got stuck and I had to do a complete reinstall from windows up and even then the same problem occurred.

The installation of this driver has never been a problem and nothing has changed about the computer setup.

Has anyone any idea how to get this driver installed properly?

Cheers!

Maarten

IMO, I wouldn't install the saitek drivers at all, and instead just let windows install it's own driver set. I have found the saitek drivers to cause more grief

in FSX/P3D, than they are worth. Sorry, if this isn't much help for your problem of getting the drivers to install.

Jazz

I agree with Jazzfan.  Uninstall whatever you installed from the Saitek disk, reboot, and then just plug the thing in.  Windows will actually find Saitek drivers, not just plain Microsoft ones.

I'll give it a try, the drivers for the controller do install fine, it's only the usb hub that makes problems.

Cheers!

Maarten

Some extra info:

-I tried the yoke on another computer and there the windows drivers install without any problems.

-I tried my other Saitek stuff on my FS computer and they install without any problems, at any USB port.

-I removed the drivers for the yoke through devices and printers, go to driver page and uninstalled them, but when I plug the yoke in, windows sees the yoke as an unknown device and doesnt install any drivers at all.

-Once the yoke is recognized as unknown device and I plug it out and in again, I hear 3 short low beeps and nothing happens, until I uninstall the unknown device and when plugging it in an unknown device is recognized again.

Cheers!

Maarten

I think I got it fixed now.

Because I had to replace an external hard disc, which runs usb 3.0, I installed the usb 3.0 driver from the MB cdrom. Uninstalling this driver did the trick and I could install my yoke without any problems whatsoever.

Even though my yoke wasnt plugged into a 3.0 port, the driver does something that bugs the Saitek pro flight yoke, even when plugged into a 1.0 or 2.0 usb ports.

Cheers!

Maarten

Good to hear you got it sorted out. With regards to the usb 3.0 drivers, you want to consider check with your mobo manufacturer for updated drivers. Usually the drivers on the cd that ships with the mobo are outdated.

regards, Jazz