Sign in to follow this  
ac798

Checking AI for issues

Hi,

I'm a FS2004 user. I'm installing new AI packages from World of AI. Due to past issues with an old version of Spanair package(CTD), I want to ask if there is a way to check a specific livery aircraft's location, time, date, etc...

For example, yesterday I installed an Air Cairo package. It contains A320's aircraft for its livery. I have searched all the airports where Air Cairo lands at and I couldn't find any Air Cairos. Even on their hubs which is in HECA, HEGN and HESH. I changed several times the hours from dawn to night. It is a small package I think, it might have only 1 to 5 A320's in flight sim. 

Please note I'm asking this because if I go on and install all my new packages and if some might have textures problem like the old version of Spanair or other kind of problems, I can never find out all the issues, so I have to install them one by one to ensure everythings working well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

The WoAI Expert Mode lists what planes are used for each airline.

You can change the .air file for those models so they will be available in the Create a Flight screen.

If you have a bad texture simply viewing the model/livery in the plane selection screen will crash the sim.

You can set the .air files with AirEd, in the library, or AI Aircraft Editor (a handy tool) available here- http://www.owlsnest.eu/tools.php

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

AI Editor description also shows a preview of the aircraft so maybe that's enough for this purpose?

Thanks guys, that is helpful to view how the AI will look like. I got it loaded up now.

So it's the textures that makes certain CTD for FS2004? I mean like if they are not set good or something.

Also how can I make it available in the create a flight selection menu?

Also how can I make it available in the create a flight selection menu?

Use AirEd as suggested above by Joe and change the section that reads; 'Aircraft type= num'  (a number) from 2 ( for AI = not visible in selection menu) to 0 (that means viewable in the selection menu). When you are done with your checks change it back to 2, it speeds up the load time a bit when you start up.

Regards,

You can't link to search results at Flightsim.com.

Can you give us the file names?

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Oh so sorry, here's the file names..

godaired.zip or  air152up.zip

I got into another problem.

The Air Cairo isn't showing up in my flight sim despite following one of its flight plan departure, I have tried several things to intercept it in flight but cannot succeed. Everything seems to be in order, other people tried it and they got the aircraft present at an airport, with me it's nowhere to be found.

For changing the visibility tag either version will work just fine.

The essential tool for AI troubleshooting is the Traffic Toolbox Explorer which is part of the Traffic Toolbox SDK.

If you do not already have it you can download it from here- http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=170949

If you do not want all of the SDKs you can get them individually here- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/categories/fs2004.6/

With the TTE you can easily find all AI in the active area.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Never heard that one... which ones, and why?

This here f.i.

// British Airways World Cargo Summer 2013

// Ben Clark

AC#1,490,"British Airways World Cargo Boeing 747-8F"

AC#1,G-GSSE,1%,WEEK,IFR,1/09:30,@1/15:10,350,F,3301,OEDF,1/17:30,@1/18:40,310,F,3301,OMDB,2/06:15,@2/14:40,390,F,3301,ZSPD,

2/17:20,@2/23:25,340,F,3466,VIDP,3/02:05,@3/10:35,340,F,3466,EGSS,3/13:35,@3/14:35,330,F,3571,EDDF,3/16:55,@4/01:17,320,F,3571,KORD ...

This flightplan is exactly the same as used by WOAI. You won't see the AI approaching or landing at KORD. This isn't specific to WOAI and occurs with othertraffic like CalClassic too. As soon as you delete the @ symbol and compile the flightplan, the above AI is visible at 4/13:08:00 landing at KORD. The later arrival time is due to the scheduled speed of 200 mph. The @ symbol seems to increase the speed and allows to meet the scheduled arrival time.

Don't ask me the reason why the AI isn't shown.

Bernard

Don't ask me the reason why the AI isn't shown.

Shows up for me right on time.

Bernard, I think you have a couple misconceptions about how the flightplans work that I would like to clear up.

The 200 MPH speed in the aircraft file is only used by the compiler for sector scheduling, it has no impact in the sim as to how the AI planes will fly.

The @ sign forces the compiler to respect that time as an arrival time instead of calculating an arrival time based on the aircraft's performance.

The times in the flight plans are GMT times, not local.

This can get confusing when the arrival airport is on a different day than GMT.

Your flight plan shows a Thursday arrival, to see it arrive in the sim you have to set time at KORD for Wednesday night. Traffic Toolbox Explorer will correctly show the GMT as Thursday.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

The times in the flight plans are GMT times, not local.

There aren't absolute any misconceptions or misunterstandings how flightplans work. I use and create traffic files for all kind of vehicles since almost ten years. I think I'am experienced enough to make difference between local and GMT time. But fact is, that you won't be able to see the said AI landing at KORD on Wednesday, 01:17:20 GMT time as scheduled. I got exactly the same issue with a CalClassic flightplan including @ symbols too. And there it have been confirmed that some models could be invisible in flight. So I know what I'm speaking about.

My intention was just to point out, that there might be further reasons why an AI isn't shown up.

Bernard