Sign in to follow this  
ac798

Checking AI for issues

But fact is, that you won't be able to see the said AI landing at KORD on Wednesday, 01:17:20 GMT time as scheduled.

Because it lands on Thursday GMT time, Wednesday ORD time. And as I said, it showed up right on time for me.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Ok I found some great info...

First, I've resolved my problem with Air Cairo showing up in my flight sim. I misunderstood how flight plan lines apply to an aircraft. After reading the documentation, I've cleared some things up BUT that wasn't the main problem.

I've discovered an unusual thing in the aircraft cfg file of the package. Going through the check [flightsim.xx] :

[fltsim.63]
title=WoA_DJC_A320-200_CFM_MSC-Air Cairo
model=CFM_200
texture=MSC-Air Cairo
sim=DJC_A32X
atc_airline=AIR CAIRO
atc_id=
atc_heavy=
ui_manufacturer=DJC
ui_type=Airbus A320-200 CFM
ui_variation=Air Cairo
description=Painted by Dieter Barthelmeus
atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_parking_codes=MSC

"atc_airline=" was blank, I added "AIR CAIRO" to it and the livery is showing up at their designated flight plans. By many people's knowledge, it looks like it has nothing to do with AI presence in flight sim but apparently for me it does take effect. I noticed it was missing because all my previous flightsim.xx had each the name of their airlines in that line. Maybe if that line remains blank, it can explain the invisible AI in FS? I'm not sure about that. (you can test with and without that line added and see if the package is shown in fs)

NOTE PLEASE. I just have this question about adding new aircraft, if I want to expand a livery package fleet(fictional fleet), I will need a new AI aircraft base model then textures that will match that model? Then the 3 txt source files for the traffic file? Just like woai is?

Because the way I see woai is, they have the models from different model developers, they have the textures that paints on those models I guess and they have the 3 source files for a traffic file, so model, textures and traffic file, 3 in 1.

Like others have said, leaving that line blank has never caused a plane to not show up for me.  What it DOES do is cause the plane to park at some lonely corner of the airport, an orphan without a home.

And yes, you have it correct - model, textures, and traffic file.

Like others have said, leaving that line blank has never caused a plane to not show up for me.  What it DOES do is cause the plane to park at some lonely corner of the airport, an orphan without a home.

Never heard that before ! The only thing I am aware of that affects parking is the atc_parking_codes= entry ?

Peter Schluter

atc_airlines= means what will the ATC call that livery (airline callsign, example "CEDAR JET 332, clear for takeoff"), in my case, it's Air Cairo but it doesn't call that because I think the callsign is not added in the system.

Unexpectedly, that livery vanishes from my flight sim if I keep it blank so I don't know what else I can comment for it. I've tried lots of things to make them appear while leaving that line blank but didn't get any of them to show up.

atc_parking_codes= means this is a specific parking spot for a specified airlines and that parking spot can be anywhere on the airport depending where that spot has been put at by the creator of the AFCAD or ADE.

Example, I created a parking spot for gate 1 of terminal 1 for MEA airlines (parking code MEA). That spot can be moved and placed anywhere around the airport using ADE or AFCAD.

Absolutely. I use ACA2005 as per post #8 above, as it's the last stable release.

Thanks for the ACA2013 link Ian, which although in Beta v0.6.4, does have a nice feel to it. 

I am always surprised that this clever AI utility from Peter van der Veen  is not always the first response in threads like this.

It is THE GO-TO AI utility. It tells you all about aircraft & flightplans and finds anything that is wrong with your AI installation. Most important, it prevents you, at wits end, from introducing "Snake Oil" solutions to your apparent problem.  

I just ran it and found yet another goof that somehow crept in to my sim.

Whenever I do, I think a moment about how much pain this utility has avoided for me, go to the website, and drop 10 bucks on the Donate button!