Sign in to follow this  
river9999uk

VC panel animations stop working after VRSim used

Hi All

First topic post so please be gentle... ;-)

Been using FSX with PMDG 737 fine along with VRSim MCP combo. Happy so far...

I bpught a CDU2 to use with it so installed the add on panel installer etc. Running in window mode I can load up the VC, undock the FMC panel which is listed as CDU2 on the instrument menu pull down and then run VRSim program. CDU 2 displays the FMC fine and I can see its working....however once I go back to the FSX window all is not well

The animations in the VC no longer work after this eg the FD switch light goes green for on when clicked on but the switch never moves or animates also the sound disappears as well when I leave the FSX window to click on the VRsim app and it never comes back... Interesting note is that if I put it back into full screen the animations come back but it screws up with VRsim CDU unit. If I try to go back into windows mode once more all sorts of odd things happen like missing dials, half the cockpit is gone etc....

Has anyone seen this before...shame as the CDU2 looks great....

Thanks

You cannot use fullscreen mode ever with the CDU2, it's not supported just because of reasons like this, you must run it in Windowed mode only.

If you require any further assistance with your VRinsight CDU2 you can contact tech support at the address below.

TechVRi.jpg

You can get all the latest software for VRi products from the page below.

http://www.vrinsight.com/devel_shot

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Andy

Sorry I probably didn't explain it well. I use it in Windows mode only as I know it only works in that mode. As a experiment I switched to full screen and the animations started working again. Its as if going to the VRsim app on the desktop and then back into the FSX window upsets something and the animations stop.

I've sent an email to VR tech support to see what they say. Other than that I can only think of uninstalling the PMDG737 and vrinsight and re-install.

Update ***

I tried FSX in window mode then went to desktop and back to FSX (without any other apps or VRsim loaded) and discovered that the VC animations seem to stop still. This means its not the VRSim app causing the problem and it seems only when I leave FSX in window mode to run a app that the problem starts....

If you have SweetFX, the ENB series mod or you try using DX10 mode you may have issues, for the first two issues you have to remove a dll file from the FSX root folder that was put there by these mods.

Cheers, Andy.

Checked and the animations stop on all aircraft including the MS 737 etc.....so not VR or PMDG issue :unsure:

Don't have any of those mods or DX10 on so its a mystery at the moment but thanks for the replies. I'll do some more tests and see if any combo makes it work...

OK uninstalled a few add ons and restored old fsx.cfg then installed the lot. All seems to be working now :-)  Only thing that happens from time to time is the VRinsight MCP combo works turning the knobs etc for HDG, ALT etc but they don't work on the LCD display on the combo unit itself......all part of the FSX experience I guess :lol: