Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

How do you update xplane through steam

Title says it. Im stuck on 10.25. I look at the xplane web site and see how it would be done but xplane updater wants DVD's and as you can see I have no DVD's couse I bought through steam.

Lar

10.30 is still beta.

Only stable versions are distributed over Steam.

Flight instructor and commercial pilot. Flies everything that has propellers. CFI(A)-SE, CFII, CPL(A)-MEL/SEL/IR TW/CMP/HP/HA

X-Plane core team (Avionics and GPS)

CRJ-200 and 757/777 developer

Follow me on Twitter @XPlanePhil

Betas are handled through Steam as well, but you have to opt-in and the developer has to make it possible to opt-in.

You can go into settings and check that you want beta availability. Some devs require a code however.

Betas are handled through Steam as well, but you have to opt-in and the developer has to make it possible to opt-in.

You can go into settings and check that you want beta availability. Some devs require a code however.

No betas are available via Steam per Laminar.

No betas are available via Steam per Laminar.

I know I'm late but:

If Laminar don't provide beta opt-in, users should wait for official updates that are automatically pushed via Steam client.

Also, users are welcome to change the update settings of any particular game to "Update immediately".