Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Few Questions about B55 and upcoming 350

Hey,

I am very interested in buying one of these...I know 350 is for sure.  My question for B55 is - does this model simulate wear and tear with maintenance etc (like A2A style).  Or does the B350 simulate it...if that is the case - I will buy the Pre-order and get the beta (read it on another post).

Just trying to figure out which one to get first.

Thanks

-skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

As far as I know NEITHER product goes that far to my knowledge, the only developer to ever simulate that in FSX is A2A. However the KA350i MIGHT, and I emphasize MIGHT, its just a speculation on my part and that speculation is about 10% certain.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Indeed Milviz put lots of effort into their Avionics, FDE's, and Sounds. However to my knowledge A2A is the only company to ever do something like artificial aging.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

We don't do artificial aging because we simulate flying and not mechanics. If, in real life, you let pilots fix your King Air or your B-717, you'd be pretty silly.

We are looking at doing failures that would happen in a real King Air but these would only be the ones that happen regularly.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thanks for the info, it really helps.  I will be ordering one of them shortly and eventually have them both (you will see the post here, along with email).

Looking forward to it.

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I really don't like getting bogged down with worrying about when the engines and props need to be overhauled, when the oil needs to be changed, etc.  Having a random system failure can add drama to the flight sim experience, but MS never gave us the ability to declare an emergency and get priority for landing.  I do like it when I have to observe the operating limits of an aircraft and its engines or suffer the consequences.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

And that last, you will have to do... For sure

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Radar Contact (RC4) does allow you to declare emergency and choose options of returning to the departure airport or proceeding to the nearest suitable field. It will ask you questions about the number of souls on board and the nature of the emergency. It's fairly realistic and even a bit distracting as you are trying to run emergency procedures and do a safe landing.

Dale

I've considered RC4, but from what I have heard, while on the ground, you are on your own when it comes to safely taxiing.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Radar Contact (RC4) does allow you to declare emergency and choose options of returning to the departure airport or proceeding to the nearest suitable field. It will ask you questions about the number of souls on board and the nature of the emergency. It's fairly realistic and even a bit distracting as you are trying to run emergency procedures and do a safe landing.

That is very cool.  I will indeed look into that in the near upcoming future, once I figure out on how to fly well (been mostly flying a2a's cessna, pipers, cubs and Milviz's P-38 only)

I am way overdue on my P-38 Review - hopefully with some free time, I might be able to write one up by end of this month.

Skywolf, the B55 is a delight to fly. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks,  I will make a decision soon on which one of these birds to get for now (will have them both eventually).

I've considered RC4, but from what I have heard, while on the ground, you are on your own when it comes to safely taxiing.

Simply select "outside view", then "top down. You can see all the taxiways and plan how to get to the runway assigned. Then, switch back to cockpit view and taxi. If you get confused, you can pull up the top view again, just like consulting an airport layout. To me, it seems more realistic than the pink line of the default.

The only time it causes me any problem is at night at a complex airport, but it still works.

Dale