Sign in to follow this  
fadeh

Texture quality loss while flying

I'm experiencing a very weird problem I've never noticed. While flying just a few minutes from the starting airport the quality of the textures decreses exponentially. I've tried to research this problem on google (probably the most relevant resource I found is this) but it didn't quite did the trick for me. 

Please give a look at the screenshot provided (taken on a flight from KGRB to 88WI)

I have fsx sp2 + utx + rex.

Any ideas? 

21lleog.jpg

34nmcy8.jpg

2s7g8w9.jpg2nsnxx3.jpg

mbizdd.jpg

2ms1ox5.jpg

It looks like degrading of your video card.  Is the inside of your computer free of dust

and the fans clean and blowing freely?  If you are on a laptop, is it allowing

plenty of airflow underneath?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I'm on a laptop and yeah, I think there's a good airflow... It also happens when I start the laptop and go directly to flight simulator and fly for just a few minutes. It doesn't get very hot in that short amount of time

Two of your shots shows 3X speed.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

If I speed up it gets blurry. Back to normal, it still takes a few minutes to catch up and get back to detailed. If you want to increase time, you probably have to put up with the flurries.

Two of your shots shows 3X speed.

Yep, 2x tho, because it was my nth time trying flying the very same route with slightly different settings to see if there was any improvement. The problem is present when flying normal speed too. 

How does it look withot utx + rex.?

Best Regards,

How does it look withot utx + rex.?

I haven't tried yet, quite a boring task having to uninstall and reinstall everything :-( 

EDIT: doing it now... 

The blurries happen when you speed up the game. FSX is like Minecraft in a way. It loads up sections as you get closer to them. Since you're going so fast, neither FSX nor your computer can keep up.

What are the specs of your laptop?

i7 3537u

6gb ram ddr3

amd radeon hd 8570M 1gb gddr3 dedicated

ssd 256gb

The blurries happen when you speed up the game. FSX is like Minecraft in a way. It loads up sections as you get closer to them. Since you're going so fast, neither FSX nor your computer can keep up.

as I said, I've noticed this the first time doing a normal flight. Then I did the flight again at normal speed and I got the same problem. Then I did it again. Then again. Then I tweaked the config. Then I did the flight again. And again. Then I searched on google and I tweaked the cfg again. Then i did the flight again. And again. Then I wanted to post for help but couldn't bother to fly again the same rout for the nth time so I speeded up the game :-) 

Maybe reinstall FSX?

Best Regards,

uninstalled every single mod and flew again at normal speed. Exactly the same results. 

P3D does the same thing.  It's your high quality textures.  The program and/or graphics card just can't keep up.  In P3D you can mess with the affinity mask and it allegedly helps the problem.

You guys are right, my card can't keep up. After having paused the game in windowed mode and waited a bit that's what I got

BEFORE

33be6xc.jpg

AFTER

dynfq1.jpg

how can I correctly tune my settings to get the max quality I can afford?