Sign in to follow this  
eemer

10.30b8 is out

I wonder if they will ever implement better AA options in the rendering menu to select from......

what product?

Eh? Did you have a look at what forum this is posted in? It probably will answer your question.  :ph34r:

I wonder if they will ever implement better AA options in the rendering menu to select from......

I asked Ben a while ago about this , he said that it's highly possible that they'll do it during XP10's run .

The problem with the AA now is that it's a performance eater , and you need somthing like 4XSSAA  to get rid of shimmiring which can be really annoying when there are many objects rendered .

I asked Ben a while ago about this , he said that it's highly possible that they'll do it during XP10's run .

The problem with the AA now is that it's a performance eater , and you need somthing like 4XSSAA  to get rid of shimmiring which can be really annoying when there are many objects rendered .

Yeah agree, problem is 4XSSAA is too intensive, even on a gtx 780! 

It's just me or the default clouds that you see when in high altitude are a lot different? I'm testing this prior to install SMP v2.0.

Alexander Colka

Sky max 2 is just, well it transforms this sim. it is simply unbelievable! I am speechless!

In the developer forum, it said that the download could be up to 500MBs.  Mine was 28, so, apparently if you have been keeping all the updates and maybe the hd mesh v2 (which I have) it will go fairly quickly.  Looks great and SkyMaxx V2 is phenomenal! 

John

John Wingold

Yeah agree, problem is 4XSSAA is too intensive, even on a gtx 780! 

But I don't think it should sooo intensive with GTX 780 ....

I mean , with my poor GTX 460 1GB I get around 10 with SMP2 , 4XSSAA , and a detailed scenery with carenado aircraft , and I'm using more VRAM that my card has , so with 2GB I guess it'll be a bit better .

10.30 with the new Nvidia drivers gave a really nice boost , somthing like 30% for me .

I guess with the above situation a GTX 780 should have at least 30 if you are not CPU bound , IMO you should check if you are CPU limited it may be the problem ...

In the developer forum, it said that the download could be up to 500MBs.  Mine was 28, so, apparently if you have been keeping all the updates and maybe the hd mesh v2 (which I have) it will go fairly quickly.  Looks great and SkyMaxx V2 is phenomenal! 

John

Nope, 28 MByte looks - potentially - wrong ... then it maybe didn't update your scenery files. But on the other hand, as Ben stated somewhere, it also only updates DSF files for Global Scenery regions which you have installed. So, if you only installed North America, then it will also only update tiles from there (and not fetch Sydney, Rio etc.) ... If you have the entire planet installed, then it should fetch 500 MByte (if it didn't do so, then maybe something went wrong)

And neither does it have anything to do with HD Mesh Scenery v2! It only depends on your Global Scenery (the default stuff from the DVDs), which it updates (the installer is not really interested in the Custom Scenery folder).

I just visited the areas for which the pictures were posted on the developer site and it appears that those areas are the same as my view.  Something must have downloaded correctly and everything seems to be running ok. I did find the peak near NAS New Orleans that someone had mentioned.  That must be a problem with the program as I'm not the only one seeing it.  Don't remember seeing any mountains when there!

John

John Wingold