Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Since WHEN, is a screw-up...a blessing in disguise?......

...is when it forces the User to completely uninstall, and then re-install FSX from the disks....

------------------------------------------------

I have never had the need to re-install FSX actually, since first having put it to disk those many RTM years ago.  Well....(shuffling-of-the-feet)....I installed some files that messed up my FSX.  I lost my scenery.cfg file...and other things...SO...was forced to re-install FSX and then layer on, once more all the goodies over the years, acquired.  (I do have a backup..but wanted (curious) to see what a new installation would do for the old girl....).

One of the things upon first firing up my new rebuild, with the chrome still shining, lol....was that I now had a really cool wave-shadow that brought out a 3D quality to the wave movements under DX10 (Fixer), and the Glimmer was much more pronounced. Probably along my FSX way of life....something I had installed, or just did in ignorance, could have played with a shader file, or even had removed it from my system.  Things happen over the years...right?  So...I guess, that occasionally....VERY OCCASIONALLY, re-installing and rebuilding FSX,P3D,XPX, FS9, can be in after-thought a 'good thing'.

Happily, that has been my first-ever experience with doing that.  Time wise though.....what a PITA!

LOL...

Ses

Not 100% sure but I think its REX that does something to the waves in fsx.

Yes it does, but before my forced install...I did not see this aspect of the wave action.  REX 4 Direct was installed, prior to my blooper...

oh...btw, everybody check for updates with your REX 4 DIRECT.  There is a massive update, with the program, and then once that happens, check for an update again...and you will find a huge texture service pack and update. New things...etc.

Have fun!