Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

08AUG14 - SP1b for PMDG 777-200LR/F and 300ER Released

SP1b installed perfectly, updated the OC too. This time I remembered to remove old panel states, so my digital clock works correctly again :)

For some reason the mail DL link for the 300ER doesn't work anymore, so I couldtn't update it before my flight, a support ticket will be sent.

Just took off from KPAE for a BA delivery flight to EGFF, manual flight up to FL was smoother trim wise, although I was never too bothered with SP1a either.

Excellent job PMDG, thanks to you all, and to the beta team for your efforts.

Cheers,

23.png

Ok I installed both SP1b and the new 300er, but the OC is telling me conflicting info. When I ran the new 300 installer it said it was gonna upgrade it fom 6036 to 6031 which sounds backwards, unless a lower number means newer version, or I'm going nuts. Anyway this is now what the OC is showing me. And I do have the latest OC. Could someone from PMDG chime in here on this. Thanks

I get this also, can PMDG confirm this is correct?

v3ovwn.jpg

Regards,
Robbie
Qualified Private Pilot - Check out my YouTube channel!  

The Grandad V2 - Prepar3D v4.5 HF2 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) | Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition | Intel i7 8700K 4.7GhZ  | Corsair H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler  | nVidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC GDDR5X | Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 RAM | 2x KIngston  240GB HyperX 3K SSD | 2TB WD  Ext SSD | Windows 10 Build 1903 Corsair RM Series 750X '80 + Gold' 750W Modular PSU | Windows 10 Build 19042

hi your 200  version is correct  but looks like you havent updated  your 300

here what mine looks like

F7D3z.png

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm also seeing that same issue re the -200 being updated to version 1.10.6161, but the -300 is still at version 1.10.6036. How exactly do I update the -300?

(update...."D'OH!!...I just re-read Robert's OP, and simply re-downloaded and installed the -300 from the e-commerce page. Everything is now updated.)

I only have the -200 and my OC says this:

Installed version: 1.10.6036

Available version: 1.10.6036

Your product is currently up to date!

Is this what I am supposed to see post SP1b being installed, or is something wrong?

if you have updated  than it  should  be  like my post above Rons  post , but without  the 300 showing off course.  Think this is one of  the most confusing  post installs yet  where it should be  quite simple :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I realised I re-installed the first service pack by accident - wasn't paying enough attention when double-clicking things. Just installed the second service pack and I see what you see.

Which can be done quite easy enough, if you downloaded  the sp1b in the same folder  as sp1 :P

Peter kelberg

Just completed the THY34 flight KIAH-LTBA no issues what so ever and no OOMs (didn't have them before either). All Systems are a GO!

Thanks guys!

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I am unable to load descent forcast. I can request it, get the info but after loading I get a message "Invalid forcast uplink"

Rest of the data link options worked though.

Never mind! 

After a complete windows installation I forgot that the CDU should create and load the plan into FSX for this to work :)

Ok, installed the SP1b and then the new 300ER installer without uninstalling anything. 

Now both 777 versions in my Ops. Center show as 1.10.6061.

I guess it's all right.  :P

I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I have not experienced any pauses after updating to 1B. I did a 13.5-hour flight from Flightbeam's KSFO to Flytampa's Hong Kong Kai tak, using ASN, etc. No pauses, flawless flight.

Gents-

Regarding the version numbers in the OC:  Read the INSTALLED VERSION and it will tell you the correct version installed.  Ryan and Matt neglected to update the "Available Version" but will do so later.

Most of the installation problems you guys are having comes from the failure to recognize that your browser cache needs to get dumped/flushed if you don't see the SP1b download on the downloads page...

I'm sorry I didn't remind you to hit CTRL+R when accessing the download page- but I sort of figured you guys would have that part worked out on your own.  (Internet 101....)  :ph34r:

James-

Still getting the freezes unfortunately. Otherwise looking good folks!

Are you getting "FREEZES" (the controls lock up and the airplane becomes unresponsive to input- but the sim continues to run) or "PAUSES" (the entire sim stops running for a few seconds to a few minutes, then resumes as if nothing happened?

Using the correct terminology here is important- the two are vastly different and not interchangeable...

You will note in my posts for the past 3 weeks I have not indicated that we have fixed the pausing problem....  Thus you should not expect that from SP1b...

(We already know that the pauses happen outside of the 777, and we are 90% certain that these pauses are a user configuration/hardware interaction- and we are formulating a mitigation strategy for users... stay tuned...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

SP1b looking great to me.

Thanks PMDG, trim is very good now, and approach and landing excellent!!!