Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

08AUG14 - SP1b for PMDG 777-200LR/F and 300ER Released

I have updated my 200LR/300ER aircraft however i am experiencing alot of mini pauses during taxi and/or flight which is alittle annoying and also really long tedious cockpit texture loading times! If i switch from any view be it spot view or wingview into the flightdeck it takes about 7 seconds for any textures and the view in front of me to load! I have AI set really low and have a more than powerful system to cope. I have all my payware scenerys deactivated apart from my departure and arrival airport....

The Airbus A32X Extended had this problem too, then a tiny tweak of a HTML file found on the aerosoft forums seemed to do wonders on texture loading times.

I am wondering if anyone else has these issues with the PMDG 777 series

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

Captains,

A few moments ago we have made live for you the SP1b update that will enhance the stability of the PMDG 777-200LR/F and PMDG 777-300ER products.

As I have mentioned in a few places, thes SP1b update is designed to improve the product stability by eliminating a some lockup/freeze/CTD conditions that we found with user help after the release of SP1 back on 18JUL14.

This update also enhances the stability of the airplane itself by correcting a few conditions that caused some minor instability in the pitch control model of the autoflight system.  Additionally we have done a bit more tweaking with trim behavior to further smooth the pitch channel when flying by hand.

In addition to these changes- we have had occasion to take up a few other minor items, some of which are included in the following list:

[FMS - Setup/Options Pages] 300ER door 5L/R doesn't have a key command entry (abashkatov) - resolved.

[External Model - Geometry] 777-200LR tail strike sensor (jbrown) - resolved.

[General - SDK] SDK user claims variables aren't transmitted (abashkatov) - resolved.

[FMS - Setup/Options Pages] Airplane doesn't return to 1x when in 8x or 16x (abashkatov) - resolved.

[Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Supernumerary oxygen switch missing in 777F VC (vscimone) - resolved.

[AFDS - Pitch Modes] Pitch Oscillations in FLCH descend at low speeds while engines are idling (emvaos) - resolved.

[FREEZES - All Types] CTD when accepting PERF INIT data, or requesting WINDS, DES FORECAST (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.

[FMS - Route/Legs Pages] ALTN WXR request causes CTD (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.

[systems - Fuel] Fuel Synoptic display when dumping fuel and balancing (rsrandazzo) - resolved.

[General - Unsure] Running the aeroplane out of fuel (rsrandazzo) - resolved.

[FMS - Performance Pages] Flaps based thrust reduction height entry not working in TAKE OFF REF 2/2 page (emvaos) - resolved.

[systems - Fuel] Fuel remaining with MANUAL fuel entry with both engines off or ground ops displays properly (emvaos) - resolved.

[External Model - Geometry] We always knew Vin's head wasn't screwed on right (jbrown) - resolved.

[FREEZES - All Types] Control and Display Freezes being reported to Support (emvaos) - resolved.

[FMS - Route/Legs Pages] ROUTE REQUEST not filtering correctly flight plan names if any characters are placed between origin and destination ICAOs (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.

[General - Documentation] Aircraft.cfg identifies 300ER as B773 (rsrandazzo) - resolved.

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION:

You can download the SP1b patch update from our updates page at this location:

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/updates.html

This installer is universal, and will update you from either the v1.0 (Original Release of the 777) or the v1.10 (SP1 Release of the 777).*

*Note that a dozen or so users received "Test Updates" from our tech support team as part of our trouble-shooting/data collection process.  Those users may need to completely reinstall the 777, as this patch will not detect the test versions as valid updates... 

After you have run the installation, run the OPERATIONS CENTER and it will advise you that your Liveries need to be corrected.  Simply click on the menu to authorize the O.C. doing the work for you- and you will be up and running in about 4 seconds...  (This is the beauty of the OC... Remember when you had to install 3,000 liveries by hand?)

UPDATE YOUR 300ER AS WELL:

We made a few minor cosmetic changes to the 300ER models and textures as well, and updated the 300ER installer that is inside your account at our ecommerce system.  These updates are mostly really minor, but if you want the very latest please feel free to grab another copy of the 300ER from your download account.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?:

We are still working to find/replicate and resolve issues related to FSX Pauses and aircraft heading wandering during time-accelerated flight.  We have no further updates on these two items tonight, but we hope to relatively soon.

Thank you for the update to resolve issues in PMDG 777.

I am still experiencing FMC freeze especially while entering data in "CI" & "CG".

Could you please look into the same and find a fix for the above.

Thanks

Rishabh

Thanks for SP1B I can now fly into major addon airports with out any OOM's! I am still getting some little freezes during take off landing and taxiing though

Has anyone experienced ASN crashing itself after installing SP1B?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Glad it isn't just me. Crashed all the time last flights, even on SP1 for me. First thought it had something to do with Virtual CDU.

If i switch from any view be it spot view or wingview into the flightdeck it takes about 7 seconds for any textures and the view in front of me to load!

I found increasing TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT value from 40 to 150 has significantly reduced the time lag between external and VC view.  My TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD is set to 4096 and am using a GTX760OC with 4GB RAM.

Hope this will help you.

Harry Sung

I found increasing TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT value from 40 to 150 has significantly reduced the time lag between external and VC view.  My TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD is set to 4096 and am using a GTX760OC with 4GB RAM.

That has helped somewhat yes, thanks for the tip...

Thing with FSX is once it seems like your making progress OOM hits and its back to square one again!...

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

Yes my ASN is crashing a lot and multiple freezes after SP1B....Strange things were better earlier.

Thanks,

Regis Biassala

Regis Biassala 

I'm sorry if this questions appeared earlier...

...is it necessary to delete saved flights and panel states after install SP1b?

Lucas

I'm sorry if this questions appeared earlier...

...is it necessary to delete saved flights and panel states after install SP1b?

Lucas

If you are updating from SP1 to SP1b then no, it isn't necessary. If you are updating from the original release then it would be necessary.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have updated my 200LR/300ER aircraft however i am experiencing alot of mini pauses during taxi and/or flight which is alittle annoying and also really long tedious cockpit texture loading times! If i switch from any view be it spot view or wingview into the flightdeck it takes about 7 seconds for any textures and the view in front of me to load!

If you switch, lets say from external view to vc, try to press the button(s) that you use for changing the views again while the textures are loading. Helped me; the texture are, with the 2nd press, immediately there.

After updating the 300ER to its latest version I'am experiencing some problems with the external lights (landing lights, taxi lights etc) if i use the taxi cam.

Everytime I click on the taxi cam button the popup appears but the lights are vanished. Additionally there is a dark texture on the outside of the airplane if I'm looking at the taxi cam.

The taxicam isn't working properly anymore after the update.

Has someone the same problem?

About the Dark textures, you need to indicate the company texture in another airplane folder That is used by 777 to show on taxicam. But I forgot the folder name. Hope it help.