Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

EZdok was working but...Access Violation error

Not sure if you have this working yet but I have been very busy past couple of days...just try exactly what I put in my previous post until I can get those screen shots done.

Ryan

Ryan

With 2.3 I lost the ability to cycle through Views.  I would go from VC to Tower view skipping Spot view.  Sure I could right click and select it but no way could I make it stick.  This was with every AC.

I tried everything I could think of but eventually gave up and switched to Opus Cameras.

You Guys do know that outside views do not work properly - there is a key hack I think I read but I  dont bother - I disable ezca if I want to go outside - works great until there is an official version - which I hope they are working on as this is one of my favorite programs

Rich Sennett

The outside views work fine if you run the Ezca configuration through the EMT. At least they do for me.

Ryan

Ryan

The outside views work fine if you run the Ezca configuration through the EMT. At least they do for me.

Ryan

Have to try it - gotta luv EMT

Rich Sennett

You Guys do know that outside views do not work properly - there is a key hack I think I read but I dont bother - I disable ezca if I want to go outside - works great until there is an official version - which I hope they are working on as this is one of my favorite programs

I don't seem to suffer from that, or at least I don't appear to experience it when using Opus for Cameras only.  I haven't configured any external views though.

Well I got it working right out of the box - great as this is one of favorite programs

What I did was download the latest wrapper from flight1 

- installed it with the latest Estonia tool when the program is installing it mentions fsx path dont worry it still installs into programs86 directory 

- when its done I did not run configurator 

- I downloaded 1.17 version from forums and installed it I dont think it asked to configure if it if it does close it 

- copy over the beta ezca.exe in your main ezca installed folder - its in programs86 - then launch configurator and let it do its thing - bam all working perfectly no adjustments of any kind - I am not using TIR

- Make sure you right mouse click exe's and install as administrator for all installs including any other programs you install

- Also I shut down Estonia tool before running the configurator and running P3D - EMT does not need to be used in legacy mode - it worked just fine after using it to install program

Here is a link to p3d beta exe

Half way down in post you will see a link to download it

3. Unrar this archive to  Program Files\EZCA folder

Now some have had problems getting it to work but first time I tried method above worked perfectly - if this does not work I would not have the tech savvy to help but worth giving it a try

Oh one more thing that might help as I always install it after a new pc build I install takeownership program and use it for my entire c: drive - here is the link to program

=================================================

REVISION:

Well in 2.3 had to add this to exe.xml

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Rich Sennett

Richard.. none of that has to do with the problem portrayed by OP. I have the exact same error. Only thing remaining now is moving it out of the Program Files folder.

Oh, and external views work just fine. In order for them to work, you have to use ezca config via EMT or manually copy the camera entry into each aircraft.cfg of your aircraft.

An update...

Removing it out of the PF x86 folder didn't help. Yesterday, I sent Oleg a PM on SF, and received a read receipt today. He's still around. I hope he finally comes clean and surprise us with 2.0 or at least a patched up version of 1.17. We don't deserve this kind of treatment as people who invested hard earned cash in his product.

Still same error for me...i have tried almost everything...

I may just invest in opus and use the cameras...the sim forums and flight1 support has not helped me at all either.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Still same error for me...i have tried almost everything...

I may just invest in opus and use the cameras...the sim forums and flight1 support has not helped me at all either.

Same error and what is that again ? if you want I could go into your computer to get it working 

Rich Sennett

Same error and what is that again ? if you want I could go into your computer to get it working 

Thanks a lot Richard for your offer!

My issue is not installing it properly. I have done this already before I reformatted and upgraded my system. I am getting a access violation error.  Do you think you could get it to work? Whats the best means of a screen share. You can email me if you want to take a stab at it, but I have tried A LOT of things. Id be surprised if you try something I already haven't. yorgoskyriazis@gmail.com

thnx!

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Thanks a lot Richard for your offer!

No problem but its 3:00 am here and time to call it quits - I will e-mail you in about 8 hours - ok thanks  

Try this also: I am assuming your pc is not on English from reading your name :) 

I set my system to english, uninstalled EZCA and the %APPDATA% EZCA folder, installed again, and it seems to working fine now

============================

Something else to look at:

http://techissuesresolved.wordpress.com/2011/10/18/how-to-fix-access-violation-at-address-error/

Rich Sennett

its in English lol...I live in Toronto! Sounds good ill wait for ur email!

Do you have any usb devices connected other than the normal stuff ?

English is good :)

You do have the latest Estonia tool right 

check your personal e-mail from me - and you may want to delete it from your above post as I have it now

Rich Sennett

I have the same error after getting a new PC - have tried all the options mentioned above. Watching it closely to see if there is a resolution :)

Thanks

Sri