Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Skymaxx V2 ... wow

Free!

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/7073-skymaxx-pro-20-release/#entry77164

• New cloud shadows with adjustable intensity - uses a new shadowing technique never before seen in X-Plane, with no measurable framerate impact
  • New hi-res cloud puff option - this uses a novel new hybrid approach to combine high-resolution phototexture detail with our volumetric rendering.
  • New lens flare option
  • Towering cumulus clouds (new cloud type!) will be added when thunderstorms are present
  • Ambient light color on clouds more realistic
  • Numerous cloud lighting improvements
  • Thunderstorms are bigger
  • Cloud "popping" as the camera turns should be greatly reduced
  • Better dawn / dusk cloud lighting transitions
  • Rare crash on MacOS when flying with low-quality overcast on should be resolved
  • Further performance enhancements.
  • Overcast conditions with "low" overcast quality improved visually
  • New sky color set additions
  • Thunderstorms are bigger
  • Certain airports won't get stuck in whiteout conditions upon loading when using X-Plane
  • Saving and restoring settings will work reliably

Guest Mik75

Thanks a lot for the heads up!

This will be an instant buy for me!

What a result! I just got the email, was about to get the credit card out, then I seen it was FREE for existing customers. Brilliant! So I put the card away.....RESULT!

Really great news! and best of all is free for v1 owners! a big thank you to the developers and team!

Alexander Colka

Guest Mik75

What a result! I just got the email, was about to get the credit card out, then I seen it was FREE for existing customers. Brilliant! So I put the card away.....RESULT!

it will be a free update???

As a user of SMP v1, I would have been more than happy to support the developer by paying for the update.

These are really fantastic news!

it will be a free update???

As a user of SMP v1, I would have been more than happy to support the developer by paying for the update.

These are really fantastic news!

yes free!

Brilliant:) I too was ready to pay. 

Fantastic, great customer support!

Screenshots look really promising.

Flo

Best news yet, free upgrade to existing 1.x customers, . Awesome!!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

The fact that they made this free has ensured that I will buy any future products they come out with. I understood there was uncertainty as to whether or not it would be free and I previously stated that I thought it should be. I think they made the right decision and will support them fully with my card in the future.

The ultimate clouds simulation !

Visually the clouds looks stuning especially with the reworked shaders , and they are truly 3d rendered and behave just like the real ones .

The best clouds in any simulator :)

Absolutely fantastic news that this will be a free upgrade.

John Spahn - you are a class act!

Thanks guys we were excited to offer this as a free upgrade since the support from you all has been overwealming. Im excited to see the apprication from the community and glad to serve you, what I think, are the best clouds in a simulation platform.

Your input drove this update, we may not of always responded but we are listening to you rest assured.

I hope this helps extend X-Plane and bring it closer to the next level for our hobby....

Free and no measurable impact on framerates....!  Two unbelievable statements.

Thanks guys!

John

John Wingold

Wow, thank you so much for the free update, I'm very excited! I appreciate the hard work you guys put into improving the clouds in X-Plane.

However I didn't receive any notice or email and I'm an existing v1 customer. :( How may I get the free update?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU