Sign in to follow this  
TheNerd

Random Nose Dive

Hi!
So I was going to do a short flight from KJFK to KBOS. I was about half way there (between NEWES and RAALF) when all of a sudden the plane made a sharp right turn and began to go nose first into the ground. The bank angle alarm and overspeed warnings went off. I attempted to recover (I got up to get my tablet), and I managed to level out, amazingly enough  :Applause: (I was proud of myself), and went on with the flight and made a successful landing at KBOS.

Is this normal? I didn't plan any failures...

Any help/ideas are appreciated!

-Phil

I haven't sadly. Although, I did have it recorded and i didn't have my landing gear in the off position. That may have something to do with it.

Ok, I have found the source of my problem. I don't know if you have the same problem, but it's worth the try. In my case, my windows clock is randomly changing its time. It is probably a synchronization problem with the internet servers from windows. So every time I am doing a flight and the time changes the autopilot goes crazy and starts doing the maneuvers described by you. It banks to one side, it overspeed and starts a dive. The moment the time changes, I resync the time and everything goes back to normal. Except for the fuel, and I have to manually load what I was carrying before. I found a solution online but I am in the process of testing it. I never had this problem before, but its a relief to know that is not a problem from the plane. 

Danilo

Thanks for your suggestion Danilo. I haven't experience this problem again, but maybe it could help somebody else  :BigGrin:

10 minutes ago, Ryan James Jarvis said:

this drives me crazy

Welcome to the forum. Please note that this has actually be answered in the posts above, so it shouldn't drive you crazy (and if it does still drive you crazy, and it's the above issue, it's your computer and not our code).

If it is not the above issue, it is usually an errant trim axis that hasn't been zeroed out.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, Ryan James Jarvis said:

my 737 just nosedives out of the blue and i get the CWS yellow message on the pfd... 

Errant axis issue, or FSUIPC issue. 

Kyle Rodgers

Cat rubbing up against the joystick and walking on the keyboard.

Dan Downs KCRP

16 minutes ago, downscc said:

Cat rubbing up against the joystick and walking on the keyboard.

Sounds like it's coming from experience.

Kyle Rodgers