Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ridge_Runner_5

Confused by strange sound:

Somewhere along the line, I have picked up a sound cycle in the spot and tower views only when simulation is outside of the plane. This is something new that over the years I have never noticed before. I do not hear this sound when I am on the ground before becoming airborne. Once in the air and at cruise, there is a cycle which somewhat pulsates. I hear what I assume is the normal jet engine sound, but there is also what sounds a little like wind noise, but it is a constant and consistant cycle growing louder for about a second, and then quiter etc. etc. It gets irritating.I tried to locate it by even removing my sound, sounds, and individual aircraft sound folders and it is still there. I thought I would have no sound at all with these provisions removed, so obviously I do not fully understand the sound format in FS9. So much for removing half of the .wav's, then half of that etc. and etc. for a process of elimination.I have long ago given up on the brake sounds which were a carry over from previous FS's in the event that anyone else had similar problems with those sounds and thought that might be it. (Once applied, often one could not get rid of the sound when brakes were released). They are not installed.It remains after arrival at the gate with engines shut down. I can change planes, including a default and it still remains. The sound is only present in the exterior view options and everything sounds normal in the cockpit view. Once present, it is permanent in exterior views no matter what I do.It is also not present in anything but FS9.Anyone else had a similar experience or have any ideas?Thanks:RTH

RTH,Do you have either Active Camera or an Reality XP Gauge set installed? (If the former, turn the sound off. If the latter, you can edit the *.ini file to turn the wind sound off.)If not, hope someone can help.Good luck.M.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Thanks loads M:Active Camera was the problem (to me anyway). I turned the active camera sound off and everything is back to normal.Just goes to show one should read the whole manual carefully even if thing are already setup to your satisfaction. (As if this old memory would have remembered it.)I never would have guessed the solution.Thanks again.RTH

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

The wind sound is realistic at altitude, but when on the ground it seems frighteningly barren sounding at a busy airport...