3. Adjust the seat until:
• the top of the glare-shield
appears as the edge of a plane,
and
• the cross-hairs on the top of
the rudder pedal adjustment
crank housing line up with the
top of the control column.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

OPUS FSX is a weather engine and has a good camera/vieuw utility as well as well. If you do not have either than that would be two for the price of one.

+ Their support is the best, I can only recommend it.

I see they have an advertisement running on AVSIM right now so all you need to do is click on their banner.

Well I'm using Active Sky Next, wouldn't Opus generate conflict with it? Would it be better to buy EZCA since it's a camera-dedicated program or Opus even though I already have another weather engine? Both Opus and EZCA cost exactly the same ($34.95).

Well I'm using Active Sky Next, wouldn't Opus generate conflict with it? Would it be better to buy EZCA since it's a camera-dedicated program or Opus even though I already have another weather engine? Both Opus and EZCA cost exactly the same ($34.95).

As far as i know, both programs together might cause conflicts but i am not entirely sure about it. If you are happy with ASN, then it would be more reasonable to buy EZCA. However, the opus camera itself is much more superior in terms of realism. While EZCA supplies "random" movement to indicate all the shaking etc. which might happen during all phases of flight, they are entirely unrealistic and do not fit well in order to simulate turbulence effects.

If you just want a camera in order to comfortably change your views and move around, EZCA is totally sufficient and will most like work better together with ASN.

If i were in your position, i would buy EZCA.

Dominik

While EZCA supplies "random" movement to indicate all the shaking etc. which might happen during all phases of flight, they are entirely unrealistic and do not fit well in order to simulate turbulence effects.

EZCA supplies both random and dynamic head movement. The latter is related to turbulence and ground vibration. So it does do a good job for turbulence effects as they are related to accelerations in the simulator. When I used EZCA I had both switched off as I only wanted the camera positioning features, which are superb. In my opinion flying from the desktop is already more difficult than flying in a full simulator or in real life, having to aim your mouse pointer at a moving control panel as well makes this even worse.

EZCA is good value and very flexible. It can be set up exactly how the user wants.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I used EZCA but not anymore.

I use ASN for weather and Opus for camera and the butkicker working together fine and it is just amazing!

You can feel when there is turbulence the turbulence bumps in your chair!

And the butkicker opus supports much more!

So if you can, buy a butkicker as well.

It gives so much more realisme to flying.

Regards Robert 

I use EZCA and would highly recommend it. It is very customize-able, I tend to have very subtle dynamic head movement because I don't like having my view jostled around when landing or taxing. I will tell you though that no matter what 3rd party software you use for cameras it will not fix the drifting issue; Mike Tabbs from PMDG even mentioned it in a thread at one point and stated that it was in one of the PMDG manuals (the front of the T7 manual if I remember correctly). I have to reset my camera position every so often even with EZCA, the nice part about that is it is really easy to do in EZCA so it only takes me a second or two.

Samuel Scully

No will not conflict. In the options you can turn off the OPUS LIVE WEATHER engine and turn on only the LIVE CAMERA option.

I have never used EZCA. so I can not say anything about it.

Having ASN I guess it does not matter what you get.

You should download the PDF manual of both programs and see which one you think you are more comfortable with.

Rob Robson

You should download the PDF manual of both programs and see which one you think you are more comfortable with.

Good point, will do so. I'll let you guys know which one did I finally prefer and why. Thanks for your points of view, from both sides of the coin!

I have two seat positions in the 777. One I use for TO/Landing and other Preflight/Cruise. 

The one for TO/Landing is so I can see the white cross with good view over the glareshield but can still see instruments well. Similar to how I had myself seated when I flew the 777 BA sim.

Cruise/Preflight position is a bit lower/further back - I think of it as 'relaxed', although preflight can be far from that sometimes  :lol:

I'm always adjusting really! Normally go forward a bit, then back a bit, then forward again - generally end up how I was before bahaha!

IMHO, if you can afford it, nothing beats TrackIR. The immersion factor is unparalleled and once you learn how to use it. I use OpusFSX Live Camera when I don't want to wear my TrackIR.

I have two seat positions in the 777. One I use for TO/Landing and other Preflight/Cruise. 

The one for TO/Landing is so I can see the white cross with good view over the glareshield but can still see instruments well. Similar to how I had myself seated when I flew the 777 BA sim.

Hey Luke, could you please provide a screenshot of your TO / Landing view? I still haven't figured out which is that so-famous white cross! 

IMHO, if you can afford it, nothing beats TrackIR. The immersion factor is unparalleled and once you learn how to use it. I use OpusFSX Live Camera when I don't want to wear my TrackIR.

Yes, in the future I'd also love to get a TrackIR. Only problem is I'm unemployed now, which means I can't afford something as expensive. Right now max I could afford would be EZCA / OpusFSX, which is why I was asking for opinions on both. TrackIR is a must have for me in the future, nonetheless!

How about this?

How about this, what? What "Zoom" levels were you using? It's a video and there are hundreds like it without information.

Hey Luke, could you please provide a screenshot of your TO / Landing view? I still haven't figured out which is that so-famous white cross! 

14756225170_1a74a9a6fb_o.jpg