Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Still Trim issues with Sp1b

Absolute minimal rear defection required. So in other words I am very close to neutral. Don't think I entered neutral, but as I say very close, so quite conceivably it may have been close enough to have impacted the results.

By the way, what size CDU nullzone do you use?

A large one, like 10?

That would maybe explain why trim up did take effect for you with only 6mm of yoke deflection in there.

Rob Robson

I only have a few options left I can think of.

1) create a fresh flight (I used a saved SP1b flight created when my old yoke was still attached for the above test)

2) test CDU deazone settings a little bit more with FSX reboot inbetween (but I fail to see how that would reverse my out of trim over-sensitive behavior)

3) uninstall and reinstall the PMDG777-200 and apply SP1b again.

4) buy the -300 and see if that somehow magically changes things for the -200

Any thing else I have not thought of?

Quting myself here to keep track of things.

I created a new flight from scratch twice to no avail.

Default engines running, on the rwy PMDG start up scenario, so should be fine right?!

rebooted the PC between them flights.

I also increased the yoke deadzone (at the driver level).

But same same.

Edit: deleted FSX.cfg.......same same.

Rob Robson

Hi all, I've performed Rob's test this morning flying level and then both increasing speed from 250 to 310kt and reducing speed from 310 to 250kt.

In both cases I had to keep control deflection at all times and when the MAGTIT (this term just beats marker, blib and bubble!) reaches the intended target, I get the abrupt trim application when moving the yoke to neutral. 

I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

In both cases I had to keep control deflection at all times

-E

Hi and thx for helping out here.

One key thing is missing from your info here.

Do you need to apply the same FULL yoke deflection/input in BOTH out of trim situations?

or

Do you need FULL yoke deflection/input in one situation and only a LITTLE bit of deflection in the other situation?

or

Neither.....in that case, please describe.

Rob Robson

Fixed

PROBLEM SOLVED.......I now have what Ryan has!

Now we shall see how trimming by feel goes.

Will let you know tomorrow because I have no more time today.

Rob Robson

Fixed

PROBLEM SOLVED.......I now have what Ryan has!

Now we shall see how trimming by feel goes.

Will let you know tomorrow because I have no more time today.

Kinda left us on a cliff hanger there.

However... what I find utterly weird, is that if I fly in trim at lets say 300 knots, and without altering the trim, decelerate right down to 190 knots, all I require to fly straight and level is a very small back pressure on my joystick.

Martin, you got it just right in the post, that is what we're really getting at, the fact that as soon as a tiny amount of yoke deflection is applied the aircraft flies perfectly 'in trim' by feel.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I am a little afraid of having done something stupid somewhere.....that caused things to be different on my end....

Could still be a PMDG problem, kinda hope so for my sake, but.......not sure.

I could swear I updated to SP1b

The first pic (notice the CDU) should proof this.

But I opened the Ops Center just now and look here!

9npQZ.jpg

bYs5i.jpg

83rNq.jpg

The only thing I can say that I updated to SP1 and SP1b by downloading the update installers directly from the PMDG website.

This time I did it via the Ops Center (which clearly detected that something was wrong or not installed after all).

And now I have the same SYMMETRIC behavior Ryan has.

I bet I can trim by feel now too.

(will try tomorrow)

Did I screw this up myself or did I (and others) download a corrupt installer?

Rob Robson

The only thing I can say that I updated to SP1 and SP1b by downloading the update installers directly from the PMDG website.

This time I did it via the Ops Center (which clearly detected that something was wrong or not installed after all).

Oooops. I did wonder whether you were actually still on SP1 when you were talking about asymmetric effects, because that's mainly what SP1b fixed. But I thought, no he's a pilot, we rely on pilots to get this kind of thing right. Can't be. :lol::P

If you've still got the installer that you thought was SP1b you could compare the file name, version and size to what you've just downloaded. That should be informative. If it's the same, something went wrong with the installation.

And now I have the same SYMMETRIC behavior Ryan has.

You should be able to replicate the results I get too. Trimming by feel will be possible but you will still have lack of elevator response at the extremes.

BTW I didn't know you could get update links through the OC now. That's interesting.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Haha...i guess at the end all of us will have a good laugh

And we all will hide into oblivion to only emerge few years later...once upon a time....

And Kyle will tell his children a bed time story..once upon a time there was a pilot called Rob and few virtual pilots...moral of the story is ...

Yes I am afraid I im for an 18 page beating....

Unless...... there are others with the same problems I had......they all installed it wrong?

Without the OC......can one tell somehow what version one is running?

(still have a bunch of backups I can check!)

Yes I am afraid I im for an 18 page beating....

Unless...... there are others with the same problems I had......they all installed it wrong?

Rob Robson

Rob, that was exactly what I did. Downloaded SP1b from PMDG website and installed.

Could be that the update we installed failed to do the business, perhaps corrupted or something. Whereas the version available via the Ops Centre is okay.

If so, there must be many that downloaded from the same source as us. Perhaps they need to be warned so that they can verify they have a working version of the update.

I won't be able to try this until tomorrow, as my daughter's playing the new version of Sims on my simming PC, and my son has me watching Babylon 5 with him. :smile:

Haha...i guess at the end all of us will have a good laugh

No, no, no!!!  If our hypothesis is correct, then something even more important than a laugh has been gained form the previous 18 pages...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you MAGTIT.

And Kyle will tell his children a bed time story..once upon a time there was a pilot called Rob and few virtual pilots...moral of the story is ...

Don't mention Kyle, never mention Kyle. Or he may turn up and annoy us.

Open the aircraft.cfg file for your PMDG 777; the version (or "build")  number of your 777 installation is listed in its header.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

If your hypothesis is correct Rob... neither you, nor I, nor anyone else "installed it wrong". It was definitely SP1b that I installed, I'm always careful about that stuff. If we are right, the version on offer at PMDG, at the time we installed it had issues.

But as I say, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to verify we are on to something.

Just checked... I have build 1.10.6061. Ops Centre tells me it's currently up to date.

It may be just the reinstall of SP1b that did the trick.

will try that tomorrow.