Sign in to follow this  
gatetothesky762

pedestral wxr test button= fsx crash

hello all, anyone have an issue when you hit the wxr test button on pedestral or in 2d ? i not have active sky next but the wxr run properly with default fsx weather ( rain ; snow ) but when i hit the wxr test button during my preflight fsx crash with sp 1 or with sp1 b...

Is there a .dll error involved? Did you raise a ticket? 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

no dll error and i raise a ticket , i say at pmdg that we are many customers have this issue and for me its a sp1 and sp1 b issue for old computer because lot of beta testers have modern atomic computer lol many errors can not be target properly by beta testers.

My system is not that good (by modern standards) but I don't get the error. 

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The weather radar is only designed to work with ActiveSky Next. It was designed between PMDG and HiFi so if you are trying to use it with FSX weather or any other then you will fail, because it reads the weather from ASN. In your first post you say that you don't have ActiveSky Next, no ASN then no information to read.

The weather radar is only designed to work with ActiveSky Next. It was designed between PMDG and HiFi so if you are trying to use it with FSX weather or any other then you will fail, because it reads the weather from ASN. In your first post you say that you don't have ActiveSky Next, no ASN then no information to read.

you are totally wrong ! the weather radar work perfectly with default fsx weather in my computer i test it its ok but the only error is the weather test button on pedestral and 2d popup when you hit the ''test" button on pedestral fsx crash totally with no information on error like dll or anything ...

For all can read me can you test this situation please ? load a flight with only default fsx weather no with asn and on ground hit the button ''test'' on weather radar on pedestral please and sai me if youre fsx dont crash . thanks for all can test this situation.

nice day :)

you are totally wrong ! the weather radar work perfectly with default fsx weather in my computer i test it its ok but the only error is the weather test button on pedestral and 2d popup when you hit the ''test" button on pedestral fsx crash totally with no information on error like dll or anything ...

For all can read me can you test this situation please ? load a flight with only default fsx weather no with asn and on ground hit the button ''test'' on weather radar on pedestral please and sai me if youre fsx dont crash . thanks for all can test this situation.

nice day :)

Florent, that's like saying "My diesel car runs perfectly on regular petrol, I only have a problem when I try to switch it off, it keeps running!" and then taking it back to the manufacturer and asking them to fix your problem...you'd get laughed out of there.

Use the wxr as it was intended and you may find your problem goes away

I have ASN, since it adds so much more than weather radar. well worth it, I have since removed my Rex installation,since I find it surplus to requirements. 

Jude Bradley

Florent, that's like saying "My diesel car runs perfectly on regular petrol, I only have a problem when I try to switch it off, it keeps running!" and then taking it back to the manufacturer and asking them to fix your problem...you'd get laughed out of there.

Use the wxr as it was intended and you may find your problem goes away

you are totally wrong ! sorry im french i dont speak english very well ... the test button of weather radar do not communicate with asn or anything its just a test on nd like terrain test or tcas test its just a line of code ...

you are totally wrong ! sorry im french i dont speak english very well ... the test button of weather radar do not communicate with asn or anything its just a test on nd like terrain test or tcas test its just a line of code ...

I also have this problem with the Test button, and I do use ASN for weather! I've tried reinstall both the T7 and FSUIPC, and rebuilt the FSX.cfg file with same results. The weather Radar itself works perfectly, the problem only occurs when I press the test button. The sim freezes with a hour glass cursor, and a few moments later I get a fatal error. Although I'm running on Vista 32 bit OS, the problem doesn't appear to be VAS related, as I have close to 1GB VAS available according to FSUIPC at the time. Other then that with appropriate settings for  system and no traffic, while running the T7, I haven't had any other issues from origin to destination. Like you I also have an older system (3Ghz E6850 C2D).

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I want to echo Jakub above, I had this event occur in early beta testing and it went away in subsequent test versions. Open a ticket.

Dan Downs KCRP

I want to echo Jakub above, I had this event occur in early beta testing and it went away in subsequent test versions. Open a ticket.

My ticket has been opened for some time now.  It has not been resolved with any of the updates...

My ticket has been opened for some time now.  It has not been resolved with any of the updates...

This often happens with software issues when only a couple users have the issue.  It's really difficult to track an issue down if you don't see it on your computer (as is/was my case - I've never seen the issue, even though Dan did).  Because of this, it requires more reports from users to help pin the issue down.

It's similar to a situation where my buddies call me on the phone and I have to walk them through creating some complex Excel function without seeing the data.  It's tough to create the function without seeing the data, but with enough pointers to what the data looks like (multiple reports of crashes), you can pin down what to do/fix.

Kyle Rodgers