Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

OOM's after SP1?....Report your results after SP1b here.

Before PMDG 777 OOMs drove me crazy, then I:

1. Unchecked high resolution cockpit

2. Puled back autogen to middle range

3. AI traffic to 12%

4. Replaced LOD 4.5 with 3.5

5. REX 1024 textures

6. Through SCE, configured scenery.cfg to activate only the most necessary stuff (Basic FSX/ORBX files FTX Global/Vector, UTX/ST Landclass) and ONLY departure and arriving (HD payware) airports.

Since then I haven't received ANY OOM's whatsoever with neither the core T7, SP1 or 1b.

With this setup I've been flying for many hours pr session in clear weather, as well in heavy thunderstorms, without the need of saving/reloading before TD and all that.    

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Disabling certain "heavy" scenery areas worked for me, using Scenery Config editor, VAS usage has been the same since 2.8-3.1 max usage with PMDG 777 and medum haul flights so far so good.   

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Earlier I started a topic in the PMDG 777 forum regarding a LUA tool that enables users to log their flight data and VAS usage to a .csv file, enabling mapping of VAS usage in Google Earth. I thought this will be of most use to PMDG-777 users, hence my decision to post in this forum.

Avsim Admin have moved my post to the MS-FSX forum (not  contesting this, as the script can be used for any aircraft, so now it is more widely available to all simmers).

But if you want to track down your VAS issues, and see what happened to VAS during your flight (and hence get a good indication of what may have caused the problem, go here;

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449198-objective-vas-analysis-a-lua-script-to-assist-with-ooms/

Rob

Robin Harris

Flying into the major hubs like KJFK, KIAD, KORD, KLAX, EGLL, OMDB...and so on, with no problems so far (knock on wood).

Texture resolution 4096, clouds are 1024, autogen at very dense, LOD standard 4.5, no AI traffic (flying online).

Besides that, using FTX Global, UTX , Scenerytech and several country specific landclasses.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Texture resolution 4096

Why are you using 4096 Chris ? Does it increase VAS ? 

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

In a word yes, not tested, Im down to 2048 and I love my eye candy, tell you the truth between 4096 and 2048 can't tell the difference, you will if you select 1024 your frames will be higher and less VAS but you can physically see the difference e.g blurred cockcpit textures due to the texture resolution chosen..... If you do choose, a "heavy" aircraft addon and "heavy" scenery addon running 4096 textures......Ding and OOM depending on your system... I will test and again report back....with 4096 textures size and  the love for the PMDG777 has made me consider reducing the texture size for me to 2048, and I cannot see the difference.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I did not run any tests between the resolutions, Julian, but FSDT Airports e.g. in 1024 don't look good in my opinion, furthermore I like the clarity and sharpness of the VC with 4096.

I got one OOM shortly after release of the 777 during a holding over LAM while approaching EGLL, but with ORBX England activated. I must confess that in this case I was taking screenshots, so changing different views, spinning around the aircraft e.g. and this definitely increases VAS, especially in regions with huge amount of autogen.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

In a word yes, not tested, Im down to 2048 and I love my eye candy, tell you the truth between 4096 and 2048 can't tell the difference, you will if you select 1024 your frames will be higher and less VAS but you can physically see the difference e.g blurred cockcpit textures due to the texture resolution chosen..... If you do choose, a "heavy" aircraft addon and "heavy" scenery addon running 4096 textures......Ding and OOM depending on your system... I will test and again report back....with 4096 textures size and  the love for the PMDG777 has made me consider reducing the texture size for me to 2048, and I cannot see the difference.

Cheers Imran, yes I found 2048 very good too.I asked Chris as I was wondering what benefit there is using 4096 etc. I would have thought airport addons like FSDT CYVR , but I find 2048 works just as nice for that airport.

I did not run any tests between the resolutions, Julian, but FSDT Airports e.g. in 1024 don't look good in my opinion, furthermore I like the clarity and sharpness of the VC with 4096.

I got one OOM shortly after release of the 777 during a holding over LAM while approaching EGLL, but with ORBX England activated. I must confess that in this case I was taking screenshots, so changing different views, spinning around the aircraft e.g. and this definitely increases VAS, especially in regions with huge amount of autogen.

LOL, you did well to get as far as LAM. I stopped using FTX England, as I would OOM no matter what settings I had.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

A big cause of sudden increased vas is duplicate afcad files. A big problem with FTX Global Vector since they have their own afcad files. You have to go through every addon airport you have and disable it in the Vector tool, or make sure if you run the auto config that it disables all the airports, it misses many. And if you have a traffic program that adds their own afcads or old afcad files they will conflict too. I use Flight1 AFX and go down the list after selecting duplicate afcads, disabling them in the AEC config window of FTX and removing old afcads from add scenery folders.

Second is to only enable the scenery you are going to fly to, and remove all the FTX airport dll files from the dll.xml file if you aren't flying or enabling them.

Before PMDG 777 OOMs drove me crazy, then I:

1. Unchecked high resolution cockpit

2. Puled back autogen to middle range

3. AI traffic to 12%

4. Replaced LOD 4.5 with 3.5

5. REX 1024 textures

6. Through SCE, configured scenery.cfg to activate only the most necessary stuff (Basic FSX/ORBX files FTX Global/Vector, UTX/ST Landclass) and ONLY departure and arriving (HD payware) airports.

Since then I haven't received ANY OOM's whatsoever with neither the core T7, SP1 or 1b.

With this setup I've been flying for many hours pr session in clear weather, as well in heavy thunderstorms, without the need of saving/reloading before TD and all that.    

Before I made the changes I did a quick trip from Lisbon to Zurich and got OOM at 8000ft while approaching Zurich (no additional airport). Then I applied your changes and flew a quick hop from Zurich to Leipzig without OOM. I will fly tomorrow to Athens from Leipzig and will report if I got a OOM

I am actually finding the OOM's to not happen for me much.

I use FTX global (without vector, all I have heard is issues with it), and openLC.

I put the rex clouds way down though to 512 ( i can't tell the difference).

Lod radius 4.5, 2048, fiberframe 0.13, bufferpools, afinitymask=7,

I put clouds to 32bit I think, I looked at my settings and that is what it was on, but I am not sure if I had it at DXT before?

Anyway

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

First OOM today approaching Dubai.  :(

Lod radius: 6.50. will try to reduce it to 4.50

autogen: medium

fiberframe: 0.17

Followed suggestions from this topic:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors

Performed exact the same flight yesterday.

Lod reduced to 4.50

High resolution 3D cockpit unmarked

All scenery unchecked except only used for specific flight. 

Result: No OOM. The flight ended with "Virtual size" ~3,960,000K but less than 4,194,304K