Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

OOM's after SP1?....Report your results after SP1b here.

Followed suggestions from this topic:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors

Performed exact the same flight yesterday.

Lod reduced to 4.50

High resolution 3D cockpit unmarked

All scenery unchecked except only used for specific flight. 

Result: No OOM. The flight ended with "Virtual size" ~3,960,000K but less than 4,194,304K

Try 5.5.  I dropped it down from 6.5 to 5.5 and have found very little drop in scenery quality but no OOM's.

A big cause of sudden increased vas is duplicate afcad files. A big problem with FTX Global Vector since they have their own afcad files. You have to go through every addon airport you have and disable it in the Vector tool, or make sure if you run the auto config that it disables all the airports, it misses many. And if you have a traffic program that adds their own afcads or old afcad files they will conflict too. I use Flight1 AFX and go down the list after selecting duplicate afcads, disabling them in the AEC config window of FTX and removing old afcads from add scenery folders.

Second is to only enable the scenery you are going to fly to, and remove all the FTX airport dll files from the dll.xml file if you aren't flying or enabling them.

great info, thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Sorry for beeing late. I made the flight today from EDDP (Aerosoft) to LGAV (Flytampa) without OOM (night flight with sunrise in Athens). 

It would nbe helpful to know what version of Windows you are running and whether 32 or 64 bit.

Burley Stinnett

777-200F, sp1b, FTX-Southern Alaska, Anchorage X airport, Ultimate Traffic 2 at 100% traffic levels yielding 14 aircraft at and around terminal, cloudy & rainy with ASN, GSX running with main and aft cargo loaders doing their thing, LOD=4.5, textures=1024, healthy slider levels .....

This is a significant FSX load yet my remaining VAS is approx 500-600 Megs. This is a test scenario and reducing traffic down to reasonable levels my remaing VAS hovers around 800 megs.

I have found that the reccomendations in the 777 introduction manual to use fs-sceditor (FS Scenery Configuration Editor) and remove unnecessary (unused for your planned flight) scenery is extremely worthwhile. Not only does it improve your remaining VAS levels but it speeds up loading/unloading FSX.

Scenery Config Editor I believe, is the best way to reduce VAS, dont disable every scenery area just "heavy" ones. Reduced VAS from 3.7 to 2.7 alone by disabling none needed sceneries alone. Done  a couple of 10hr+ plus flights and all is good :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Sorry for beeing late. I made the flight today from EDDP (Aerosoft) to LGAV (Flytampa) without OOM (night flight with sunrise in Athens). 

Glad that this workaround works for you too!

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

I did a flight yesterday from Drzewiecki KJFK to Fly Tampa Vienna at 4x accelerated speed.

OPUS FSX was used for real world weather and importing of the enroute winds into the FMC.

I have UTX and GEX worldwide.

No additional addons are installed.

DX9

To be able to run Drzewiecki (this was my first test flight with it) I have reduced FSX sliders and UTX settings to my personal minimums.

FSX:

- No AI (everything off)

- scenery complexity and autogen NORMAL

- cloud draw distance 60nm

- things like bloom and shadows are off.

- unchecked HD VC cockpit (I use the 2D popups in a second and third monitor and they stay sharp at all times).

- Other sliders for things like mesh, etc are still at high/max setings.

UTX:

I opened each region setup tool and turned allmost everything off.

Basically I only left highways, railroads, large water bodys and shorelines and the various landclasses on (so all the small stuf like minor roads, all bridges, moving cars, golfcourses etc is off).

When you fly in FL340 you dont see any of it anyway.

On the STAR you are to busy to look out the window much.

And on final things look good anyway because of the addon airports

Plus GEX tiles are still visible everywhere and they greatly enhance the look when flying low without costing any/much performance (they are said to increase performance even).

I realize not everybody would be happy like this, but here comes the big bang!

I used that LUA script that Rob Harris wrote to plot VAS used on Google earth along the whole flight.

No more than 2.5 GB was used anywhere on that flight!

2.5GB on take off, 2.2GB over the Atlantic and 2.4GB VAS used after landing.

(I have a feeling something in UTX was eating up my VAS because I have had an OOM in KJFK in the past)

Stunning good results if you ask me and even room for maybe turning AI on again.

Rob Robson

OOM ..after arrival at EGLL UK2000 .

LOD_RAD is 4.5xxxxx

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD 2048/1024 <- Makes no difference

Have been trying every possible things past more than 6 months but no luck.

sometimes I wonder.. Should we further invest into this 8 years old sim? and should developers keep on developing on one of the most unstable software in the world probably in which even they are limited.

1y329d.jpg

OOM ..after arrival at EGLL UK2000 .

LOD_RAD is 4.5xxxxx

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD 2048/1024 <- Makes no difference

Have been trying every possible things past more than 6 months but no luck.

sometimes I wonder.. Should we further invest into this 8 years old sim? and should developers keep on developing on one of the most unstable software in the world probably in which even they are limited.

Do you have sceneries like VFR London or New York???? Trust me after I disabled these sceneries my VAS dropped by at least 1GB. PMDG have stated the VAS load of the 777,(800k) If we have heavy sceneries all over, yet we wont be flying anywhere near them, whats the point in them being enabled???. Another "killer" of VAS is ANY Night Environment product, they state in the user manual to disable, even during the day as FSX "reads" the scenery even in the day. I for one am testament to the amount of VAS NE uses. As stated a few posts back Scenery Config Editor was my saviour if you wanna fly the 777.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Do you have sceneries like VFR London or New York???? Trust me after I disabled these sceneries my VAS dropped by at least 1GB. PMDG have stated the VAS load of the 777,(800k) If we have heavy sceneries all over, yet we wont be flying anywhere near them, whats the point in them being enabled???. Another "killer" of VAS is ANY Night Environment product, they state in the user manual to disable, even during the day as FSX "reads" the scenery even in the day. I for one am testament to the amount of VAS NE uses. As stated a few posts back Scenery Config Editor was my saviour if you wanna fly the 777.

No I use FTXG+Vector(Disabled most of the things in its config).

1y329d.jpg

No I use FTXG+Vector(Disabled most of the things in its config).

If you can configure it like my UTX, then try disabeling everything it offers.

Reduce FSX Autogen and Scenery complexity to normal and turn AI off as I did in my example above.

Then test.

Good?

Ok then start adding things back in one by one untill you find what eats up your VAS.

As said above, I flew from Dzwewiecki KJFK to Fly Tampa Vienna with OPUS FSX live weather UTX and GEX and not once more than 2.5GB of VAS used.......that is not bad ;-)

Rob Robson

If you can configure it like my UTX, then try disabeling everything it offers.

Reduce FSX Autogen and Scenery complexity to normal and turn AI off as I did in my example above.

Then test.

Good?

Ok then start adding things back in one by one untill you find what eats up your VAS.

As said above, I flew from Dzwewiecki KJFK to Fly Tampa Vienna with OPUS FSX live weather UTX and GEX and not once more than 2.5GB of VAS used.......that is not bad ;-)

You have turned on highways, railroads, large water bodys ,and the various landclasses but mine is all off! except for water features. How much VAS do you have with T7 when landing at EGLL with Uk2000?

1y329d.jpg

You have turned on highways, railroads, large water bodys ,and the various landclasses but mine is all off! except for water features. How much VAS do you have with T7 when landing at EGLL with Uk2000?

I do not have an addon for EGLL nor UK2000 installed at the moment.

But if I do install them and then get an OOM then that would mean a VAS used rise of 1.5GB compared to my kjfk to loww flight!

You can probably guess how fast I would de-install a scenery like that (not saying that those addons increase VAS by that much......just saying if they did......)

Rob Robson

when landing at EGLL with Uk2000?

Are you using UK2000 with all its airports/airfields activated, i.e. beside just EGLL UK2000? My testing has shown that if within 20nm of an airport / airfield, the effect on VAS as that airport loads into memory is drastic (anything up to 400Mb per addon airport, depending on how much eye-candy/ static objects etc the developer has stuffed into the scenery for an airport). If you have many complex add-on airfields in the same vicinity as EGLL loading, that could lead to an OOM.

I do not have UK2000, so do not know if there is a way to disable specific airports and airfields; but if there is I suggest you disable all except the one you are flying into - certainly disable any add-on fields within 20nm of your flight-path into EGLL.

I was flying the 777-300ER into FAOR (Johannesburg) last night, and when I examined the VAS record on Google (using my Lua tool), I noticed I had taken an extra 200Mb hit over and above what I normally get flying into FAOR (NMG payaware). Reason was a wind change that diverted me from an approach in from the south to an approach in from the north, which took me within 20nm of FALA (Lanseria International, another NMG payware airport, that I had not disabled). So that had partially loaded in addition to FAOR, costing me +-200Mb, which was OK in this case - but imagine then if flying into an area that has several closely spaced big-payware boys!

(load the fact_faor_b777_2048_vas.kml in the attached zip file into Google Earth if you want to see this for yourself - if you zoom into Johannesburg you will see the jump from 2.765Gb used to 2.895Gb VAS-used, precisely 20nm from FALA (just to the north of Diepsloot if you have place labels turned on).

Also watch those city addons. Beside the building models that have to load, there are many unique building texture sheets, and many more road vectors (many of those with added freeway traffic!).

Also in the linked file below is a flight from FACT_FAOR (almost same time, same dynamic historical ASN weather file and other FSX settings) in the PMDG 737-800WL. Quite a surprise if you map the two paths together. Over most of the flight (until they diverge due to wind change at FAOR in the 777 flight - well the wind had changed in the 737 flight as well but I landed from the South anyhow, causing an AI flying in towards me to do a go-around and a talking to from ATC for landing on the wrong runway!), the PMDG 777 uses no more than 150Mb more than the 737-800! To me proof of the amazing optimisation efforts that PMDG has put into the 777!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53775997/fact_faor_PMDG777vs737_2048_vas.zip

Rob

Robin Harris

Alright guys,Yday I finished off the flight from Doha-London*UK2000* .

I noticed I kept LOD_RAD4.5xxxxx

http://pho.to/6w3Eu <-Mysettings

However, After landing at EGLL and parking ,my VAS was about 3,8GB almost close to 4 GB but did not hit.

Is it normal? Or Shall I further reduce settings which I don't want to since it will look very bad than!

1y329d.jpg

Alright guys,Yday I finished off the flight from Doha-London*UK2000* .

I noticed I kept LOD_RAD4.5xxxxx

http://pho.to/6w3Eu <-Mysettings

However, After landing at EGLL and parking ,my VAS was about 3,8GB almost close to 4 GB but did not hit.

Is it normal? Or Shall I further reduce settings which I don't want to since it will look very bad than!

Managed my first sucesfull flight with the T7 from any scenery to EGLL and ORBK ENGLAND from FNLU without OOM and still 800 meg in the bank. All sceneries disabled apart from origin and destination. Never been able to do this before SP1 without OOM. Was thinking even about being a bit cheeky and using my taxi cam but thought better of it.