Sign in to follow this  
CapnSplat

Rotate MD-80 in Development

I haven't seen any mention of this project on these forums yet, but it looks like it might be one to keep an eye on for those interested in airliners. Rotate, a development team of four people (some of whom worked on the ATR 72-500), are working on a simulation of the MD-88.

There's some info on their website, but the juiciest bit is the list of features. WIP eye candy below.

As promised, here is a more detailed feature list of our MD-80. Some of the listed systems are already functional and have a more complete enumeration, some others are still work in progress, and we will get into further detail shortly. It is important to notice that this is not a definitive list. It will be updated an revised as the work develops.

Flight characteristics:

Precise flight model, developed with the help of two MD-80 pilots.

Custom systems. This list includes only those systems that have been/are being developed for the MD-80, that is to say, only the custom systems are listed here. Characteristics of the aircraft that remain as they are in X Plane by default are not listed.

Engines:

Engine starting and ignition system

Thrust reversers

Thrust rating panel

Electrical system:

APU power system with simulated startup logic

AC/DC two buses generating and distribution system

AC/DC loads and x-tie

Battery and bus monitor system

Emergency power system

Ground power

Pneumatic system:

Ground operation pneumatics

In-flight pneumatics

X-feed domain logic and pressure indicator

AC distribution pressure and temperature indicators

AC system with cockpit and cabin temperature controls

Cabin pressure control panel

Auto and manual modes with take off and landing controls

Automatic flight, navigation and FMS:

Improved autopilot with specific modes

Flight mode annunciator

IRS modes

FMS: Flight planing, navigation (with SIDs and STARs), performance management, airplane guidance and flight progress monitoring

Accurate navigation instruments and displays

Hyperrealistic visuals:

Highly detailed 3D cockpit and exterior model, with accurate animations

Thorough HD texture work

Cockpit lighting, including flood, panel, digital and instrument backlight controls

Custom sounds.

MD80-screenshot-011-1024x640.jpg

MD80-screenshot-021-1024x640.jpg

MD80-screenshot-03-1024x640.jpg

MD-80-screenshot-03-1024x601.jpg

MD-80-screenshot-05-1024x945.jpg

MD-80-screenshot-06.jpg

some of whom worked on the ATR 72-500

Mm... let's hope that the MD-80 is better then the ATR ...

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I'm not touching that throttle its filthy!!! Seriously though this looks incredible even at this 'work in progress' stage. The more add-ons of this calibre the better for XPX.

I'm not touching that throttle its filthy!!! Seriously though this looks incredible even at this 'work in progress' stage. The more add-ons of this calibre the better for XPX.

I know, right? Just looking at that throttle quadrant makes me want to wash my hands--excellent texturing work! If the rest of the textures are up to that standard, this aircraft ought to be a real visual treat.

Have been following the thread at the ORG for a while and can't wait to fly it. Looks stunning so far and has some of the best textures I have seen in X Plane on a large jet.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

That aircraft helps fill a hole in x-plane market that ixeg 733 shares(short haul jet with fmc)

So i guess it will stay popular.

Wow nice modelling. I feel my wallet trembling again. (gulp)

The ATR is shockingly unsupported and really needs a v2 makeover of the VC, plus an FMC. The externals are great though I have to admit.